Truck hunting afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck hunting afternoon

Some of you may know that gas wells are being drilled all over a wide strip of Arkansas. The drillers and associated workers are all over the back roads and woods. A man with one of the companies saw one of brother's Studebaker trucks and stopped to talk to us a few weeks back. This same guy sent brother a picture of a Studebaker truck he saw on a dead end road well off the beaten track. We went up there today and found the truck along with some old Chryslers and tractors. It's an R series 3/4 ton with column shift. The most amazing part was how good the bed looked. A tree made it impossible to raise the hood. The truck has been in that spot for a while.

Bed is straight and tailgate is good. Cab floors and step, at least on the left side, are gone. Hood is rusty.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

I would love to have that bed for my T-Cab. Shipping from Alaska is most likely prohibitive. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Shipping from Alaska? Don't you mean Arkansas?
      Bo

Comment

Steve, that bed is the narrow 49-55 P-1 bed, your Champ would look better with the wider 56-up P-1 bed.
        Jim S.
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

You didn't say how hard it was to get that truck up on your trailer?

Comment

Haven't talked to the owner yet. Actually, we are only mildly interested in the truck, but I was told that one of our chapter members has been looking for a long bed for his R series truck.
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'd be interested in those doors, they look better that what I have now!

Comment

I'm not sure about the driver side door because there was no handle to open it with, but the passenger side didn't look so good.

Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by bomarkham View Post
                  Shipping from Alaska? Don't you mean Arkansas?
                  I have no idea where I got Alaska from but thats what I read originally. These drugs the doc has me on must be better than I thought. Steve
                  Last edited by wolfie; 05-24-2010, 08:41 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                    Steve, that bed is the narrow 49-55 P-1 bed, your Champ would look better with the wider 56-up P-1 bed.
                    Jim S.

I didnt know there was a difference. I thought all the P1 beds were the same. The bed on my truck is good, rust free etc... I just prefer the look of the narrow bed with the fenders. Steve
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X