Studebaker National Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker National Museum

We had a chance to visit the Studebaker National Museum last Thursday. I found it to be a really wonderful facility. The volunteers that we found were very nice and very helpful. My only disappointment was that I was hoping to see a Wagonaire on display, and while we found the styling mock up by Brooks Stevens in the lower level, all we could see was a small portion of it. However one aspect of the museum that more than makes up for that is that these cars are displayed so that you can actually see inside of them, which for a car museum is a strangly difficult task to acheive. I also like that the manner in which the cars are displayed allows the visitor to see more of the whole car than just the front grille. This is a wonderful facility - well worth the time!

They rotate the vehicles so go back some time and maybe the wagonaire will make it out of the basement

Tom
    sigpic

Comment

I love those show cars. If I didn't have those crazy wild ideas of paying my bills & feeding my family, I'd pay what ever it took to have one made (I'm torn between the 2dr and the wagon).
      Mike Sal

Comment

True, it's a great museum. My wife, son and daughter-in-law visited during the Stude Nat'l Meet in '07. I kept going back many times while I was there. One of the best auto museums I've ever seen. But then again, maybe it's just that I love Studebakers.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Here's a link to my photobucket folder of my museum trip last October. (In case anyone is interested.)

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Thanks for posting all those terrific photos. You brought back a bunch of good memories of my visit there.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Sweet Thank you StudHawk60, Thats on my bucket list of to do's, Gene...

Comment

Working...
              X