PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Hawk parts

Turbostude53
05-23-2010, 05:46 PM
At the recent South Bend meet, I asked Ted if he would give me a bit of sheet metal from the race car (signed) for good luck. I gave him $20 to use on the Avanti project, sort of a way to translate the GOOD vibes from all those successful years into his new car. He was good with this, but I'm sure is too humble to suggest this himself. It could go a long way towards financing his continued efforts. He was ok with me suggesting it on a few forums. I grappled with whether this is in bad taste, but you can decide for yourself. Matthew got one of the destroyed aluminum rims. I think it will be an honor to take a bit of the Chicken Hawk into battle with Ted's approval....
Greg
http://Salt2Salt.com

Chris Pile
05-23-2010, 06:47 PM
That would make a great talisman for anyone loving Studebakers!

junior
05-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I think it's a great idea, and can't figure out how this would be in bad taste. To be perfectly blunt, the Chicken Hawk was reduced (pretty much) to junk, and right now it's not benefiting Ted in any way. By doing this, the Chicken Hawk stays alive in spirit, and furthers Ted's Avanti, which seem to be a win-win situation. Just my opinion. Junior.

Chris_Dresbach
05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
That would be a great idea! I missed out on getting a part of it though, and I walked right by it not knowing what it was! :(

candbstudebakers
05-23-2010, 11:04 PM
I think anyone that knows Ted would love to have a part of history, is he coming to the national? if so and is bringing any thing I will get a piece and I know my Grand-son would love to have something, cost is no problem and I think it is a good Idea, we have to keep him running as long as he feels good with it...Bob

powerhawkeye
05-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey Greg, it's a good idea & neat a signed piece of history the Chicken Hawk was a great car

so did you get that Kelsey Hayes wheel finished ?

just got a 53 Stude coupe today going after it in Wisc. tomorrow just a project

it's for the one that got away the Eddie had, your old car salt2salt before it was

Turbostude53
05-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Guess our salt car will have it's own history!....
Now you will have a place to put your Chicken Hawk part too!
Greg
(wheel waiting for the right application)