4-5-6 Lark II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-5-6 Lark II

I pulled the old windlace & headliner out of the '66 today. The windlace was in bad shape, but the headliner was really nice.....except for the multiple mouse holes in it.

I tried doing a search of the archives for windlace, but really didn't find much. The car had nylon covered windlace, not cloth. Does anyone have this available? The phantom autowerks site only mentions the cloth covered type.

What about headliner material. Mine is a light blue or turquoise (I'm color blind, so it's just a guess). Who's got the right material?
    Mike Sal

Studebaker International has the original style woven plastic windlace for 1960-1966 Lark types for $3.95 a foot, but only in red or black. They have similar style with woven cloth in various colors for $2.25 per foot but the fastening tab or flange is not as wide. They have headliners in a variety of colors for $169.95. Check with Ernie Loga (Loga Enterprises of Eau Claire, WI) as he offers these things and may have exactly what you are looking for. You will find even more vendors on the Studebaker Drivers Club links page for these items.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Mike try these people . I did a '60 using their stuff and it was dead on the original . They are very helpful .

Suppliers of quality classic auto interiors since 1977. The largest inventory of Auto Upholstery Cloth, Vinyl, Headliners, Carpets, Vinyl Tops, & Door Panels.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks for the tips. 3.95 / ft.? yikes.....that's 150 bucks for a 4dr. Does the SI material have the extra small bead (an old post I saw in the archives seemed to indicate it didn't).

I sent an email to the smsauto place, asking for a quote on the windlace.

Comment

Working...
        X