Gas Pedal in SASCO Ad in TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Pedal in SASCO Ad in TW

In the (just arrived[:0]) March TW, on page 8, SASCO advertises a gas pedal for 47-52 cars NOS with part #527135. My parts book says 47-50 standard trans. uses #519957. According to parts book #527135 is used in 1950 w/AT. SI has #519957 at twice the price. Is this a good interchange? Or one of those "kinda-sorta works" interchanges?
    To be clearer..I need a gas pedal for my 48 Champion. Will the one advertised from SASCO work, even though it is not what the parts book says? SASCO's $15.00 would be a nice savings over SI's $38.50

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

If you are not too worried about looks, I will give you the one that came off of my 52 Commander free of charge. Just pay the shipping charge. This came off a standard transmission car.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

If you are not too worried about looks, I will give you the one that came off of my 52 Commander free of charge. Just pay the shipping charge. This came off a standard transmission car.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Point of interest: I took a brake/clutch pedal pad I found in a box of car photos into the museum the other day. I had bought it when I was back in Boston and had a 1940 President, but never instaled it.
        The guys there asked how much it cost. I didn't have any idea.

While researching for my up-coming talk at the museum, I looked through an old SD publication and found the price, $3.00! I don't recall if that was each or for a pair, but I think it was the pair price.

What's the cost tofay, I wonder. (I'm open to bids, I guess...)

Karl

Comment

Point of interest: I took a brake/clutch pedal pad I found in a box of car photos into the museum the other day. I had bought it when I was back in Boston and had a 1940 President, but never instaled it.
          The guys there asked how much it cost. I didn't have any idea.

While researching for my up-coming talk at the museum, I looked through an old SD publication and found the price, $3.00! I don't recall if that was each or for a pair, but I think it was the pair price.

What's the cost tofay, I wonder. (I'm open to bids, I guess...)

Karl

Comment

Thinking about the pedal I found for the '40 President, it might even had been NOS from Tony C. in NY that long ago - I even bought a NOS bumper from him in the late 1960s or early 1970s. Karl

Comment

Thinking about the pedal I found for the '40 President, it might even had been NOS from Tony C. in NY that long ago - I even bought a NOS bumper from him in the late 1960s or early 1970s. Karl

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sumf

In the small world category - I bought that '40 Pres. from Karl and just recently I sold a Colt revolver to a gun dealer that is a grandson of Tony C.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sumf

In the small world category - I bought that '40 Pres. from Karl and just recently I sold a Colt revolver to a gun dealer that is a grandson of Tony C.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X