1951 Champion w/o heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Champion w/o heater

Hi Guys- My '51 Champion SLC has no heater. I know of a '48 Commander that has the complete heater. Would they happen to be the same? Thanks, John

Should be a shoe in. Seems like there was some minor differences in the body mount/frame rail area where the hoses run, but that shouldn't affect you. Don't forget the duct in the fender.
    Mike Sal

Comment

Without the parts catalog, I would think they would be the same. The '48 Commander did have longer front fenders; this could mean a difference in the bracket that holds the heater blower inside the fender.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Won't be a shoe in. Many changes between the years. Some parts are the same. Some not. The defroster changed after '48 from a single duct coming off the blower box to a Y-fitting yielding two ducts to the dash. Could be made to work, just not a slip-in.

Do you need a heater in Temple City, Ca?
        (I'll bet that little 'ol lady from Pasadena didn't have a heater in her red Super Stock Dodge)
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

An easy one is an after market heater that attached to the firewall inside. They work great they will run you out of the car. Also you can shut off the water to it in the summertime and use the fan to blow the hot air around. I'll take a picture of mine for you.
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Working...
          X