60 lark mirror location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 lark mirror location

I need to install mirrors on a 60 lark 2dr sedan, does anyone have pictures or measurments for the correct location? Or does anyone know what issue of turning wheels might cover it?
    Thanks
    Russ

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Here's a pic of my '60 Marshal with the factory AC-2918 Stratoline mirror. Actually mine doesn't have the mirror anymore, but you can see the mounting holes in the pic. The other picture of a new matching Marshal shows the mirror installed. Remember with the Stratoline, the base holes set back and the mid section of the base shoots ahead, so the mirror in the old pic only looks further ahead than my mounting position. I can take measurements if you need them, I just need to move the car to get at that side.
    Attached Files
    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Could the location for the holes be found on the "Studebaker Templates" link?
      Mike Sal

Comment

Speaking of mirrors.....I hiccuped pretty good when I saw the 75 dollar price tags on the mirrors at SI a few weeks ago. Are there any other alternatives that aren't that expensive?
        Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
          Mike Sal
          I don't think so. I contacted Dave Mottle, the keeper of the templates, when I was installing mirrors on one of my cars. He told me there was no template for mirrors because they were dealer installed where the buyer wanted them.
          Chip
          '63 Cruiser
          '57 Packard wagon
          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Speaking of mirrors.....I hiccuped pretty good when I saw the 75 dollar price tags on the mirrors at SI a few weeks ago. Are there any other alternatives that aren't that expensive?
            Mike Sal
            That seems to be the going rate for repops.
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Thanks for the pics, I think this will get me real close,
              I'll also check the template link, I didn't realize the templates were online but I'll try to find them and let you know.
              Russ
              Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
              Here's a pic of my '60 Marshal with the factory AC-2918 Stratoline mirror. Actually mine doesn't have the mirror anymore, but you can see the mounting holes in the pic. The other picture of a new matching Marshal shows the mirror installed. Remember with the Stratoline, the base holes set back and the mid section of the base shoots ahead, so the mirror in the old pic only looks further ahead than my mounting position. I can take measurements if you need them, I just need to move the car to get at that side.

57 SH (project)

Comment

can you send me the link to the templates page?
                Thanks

Mike Sal

57 SH (project)

Comment

Go to the Tricks & Tips tab from the main SDC page & the template link is right underneath all the stainless steel resto links. Looking down thru Mottle's list, I see AC-2985 as "Mirror - Lark Door - 60's". He asks 2 dollars for the template. Per Chip's response above, maybe it's not available??
                  Mike Sal

Comment

Go to the Tricks & Tips tab from the main SDC page & the template link is right underneath all the stainless steel resto links. Looking down thru Mottle's list, I see AC-2985 as "Mirror - Lark Door - 60's". He asks 2 dollars for the template. Per Chip's response above, maybe it's not available??
                    Mike Sal
                    I spoke with him many years ago at York, probably ten years ago. Maybe there is one available now. That would be good!
                    Chip
                    '63 Cruiser
                    '57 Packard wagon
                    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Here is a link to the page:http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...rtemplates.htm
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                      X