Part needed for a 62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part needed for a 62 Hawk

I am restoring a 62 Hawk. Adding power brakes. I currently have every part that I need except one. On this car, the vacuum booster has two metal fittings' one on the inlet and one on the outlet that look like a banjo. They are held on by a special bolt. I have one bolt but am missing the other. The number of the bolt that is missing is 1899696 but I would take either bolt because the other could be modified to work just fine since they both go on the same.
    I would very much appreciate any help that I receive on this. You can contact me on this forum or at my e-mail.
    putnpar@prodigy.net Thanks in advance for your help. Pat Emmert.

Pat, post a picture as numbers suck.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Banjo bolts are still available at most auto parts stores. Take your other one for a sample.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Frank, I have not found any auto patrs stores in the Sacramento area that had anything that resembles this bolt. I have also contates Studebaker West, Studebaker International and several Bay area Studebaker parts people and have had no luck. This is a very different bolt than standard. Thanks fo your suggestion. Pat.

Comment

I have found the part. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X