Hawk Trim Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Trim Holes

Will soon be ordering and installing new script pieces on my Hawk, ("Studebaker", "Hawk" etc).
    The small script holes in the front fenders are rectangle, as opposed to round. I assume the new script
    pieces will come with the appropriate barrel nuts to fit these holes. How were these holes
    produced, and more importantly, how can I reproduce them, on the nos trunk which has no
    pre-drilled holes? Thanks,

Joe D.

Originally posted by valleyguy View Post
    Will soon be ordering and installing new script pieces on my Hawk, ("Studebaker", "Hawk" etc).
    The small script holes in the front fenders are rectangle, as opposed to round. I assume the new script
    pieces will come with the appropriate barrel nuts to fit these holes. How were these holes
    produced, and more importantly, how can I reproduce them, on the nos trunk which has no
    pre-drilled holes? Thanks,

Joe D.
    The repro's come with round pins and clips.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP,do you know whether that would require filling in the old holes and redrilling new holes, or can I modify the existing rectangular
      holes, which are 1/4" wide? I don't have the new trim or round clips yet so I am not aware of their size.
      Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by valleyguy View Post
        JDP,do you know whether that would require filling in the old holes and redrilling new holes, or can I modify the existing rectangular
        holes, which are 1/4" wide? I don't have the new trim or round clips yet so I am not aware of their size.
        Thanks,

Joe
        You usually can, but some times the pin spacing is off on the repro's and you'll break off a pin.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
        X