PDA

View Full Version : LI NY Chapter Members........Missing In action??

Laemmle
05-20-2010, 08:57 AM
With so many car shows here on LI it's a shame that LI Chapter members do not attend shows as a group ...last weekend I was at a show with almost 500 cars.........and I was the only Stude there!

It's nice to go to Stude meets.........but come on we have to get the cars out to brand X's to show the young what Studes are!!

studegary
05-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I went to the Rhinebeck Sunday show with about 1000 cars and I saw four Studebakers. A little better percentage than your show, but not like a few years ago. The Hudson Valley Chapter, SDC used to bring six to ten Studebakers down to meets on Long Island. Now, I don't even like to drive a modern car through NYC to get to LI.

FlatheadGeo
05-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Gary,

I remember those times! We had so many Studebakers, different years and models, and colors. Do you remember the family that used to arrive in a 50-51 Convert? No floors in the car and the kids had bare feet.

raprice
05-21-2010, 08:51 PM
On June 13th, the Long Island Chapter of SDC will be hosting the annual Reunion Sunday and Orphan Car Show at Marjorie Post Park in Massapequa. It's located on Unqua Road between Sunrise H'way and Merrick Rd. and will be from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. I hope that some of you guys can make it. We expect some orphan cars from other local AACA clubs.
Rog

studegary
05-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Gary,

I remember those times! We had so many Studebakers, different years and models, and colors. Do you remember the family that used to arrive in a 50-51 Convert? No floors in the car and the kids had bare feet.

Yes, George, I do. I won't mention his name here. He was a friend that died of a heart attack at 37. The car was a 1951 with a S/C Golden Hawk engine and no fan. He owned many Studebakers. I believe that he was buried on LI.

FlatheadGeo
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Gary,

Sorry to hear that he died so young. I didn't know. I remember that he and his family were very friendly.

Laemmle
05-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Sounds like Bill Schukman

studegary
05-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Sounds like Bill Schukman

No, we were referring to a Hudson Valley Chapter member that used to go to LI, and other places, to meets, not an SDC member from LI.