Where are the cheap flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the cheap flights?

I know it's unlikely, but just in case: Anybody a whiz at finding cheap flights? I cannot go mostly for time reasons and had decided against it, but also because of flight cost. But if a cheap flight turned up, I could hitchhike from the airport, and there's bound to be a Wagonaire unlocked I can crash in... I wouldn't be able to leave till probably Tuesday, and would need to be back in NY by Sat. Noon.

If anyone has any tricks for shopping flights without wanting to throw themselves in front of a speeding truck please share! I know... probably an impossible task

Bob go to expedia. I found several flights leaving Tuesday and returning Friday from around $400.00 round trip leaving from Albany. I used Albany not knowing excactly where you are.
    Last edited by 41 Frank; 05-18-2010, 08:11 PM. Reason: added info
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Travelocity has some cheaper flights even. Most are 1 stop like in Philly or Charlotte, some require a plane change.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks Frank! I'll try them and see what happens <fingers crossed>

Comment

Bob,
          You may also try sidestep.com. It is handy for travel.

Comment

You can try naming your own price on Priceline. If you have some flexibility for time of day especially. I have used them for motels with good results, have not tried airlines yet. You will have the ability to narrow the search criteria before committing.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

2 more sites to try and compare at the same time

If you haven't found any yet.......try these 2 sites as well (I have not personally used them)
              a. Kayak
              b. Fly.com (must be new)

Hope you find the flight!

Comment

Thanks again all. And Glen, good to hear from you

Comment

BAMS,
                  Might say I took a sabatical to count Pronghorn, as my signature picture shows, walking through the scene.....

Comment

Most people are forgoing vacations because they think they cannot afford the heavy budget. Finding cheap flights is an easy task; we can easily find it out through online or by visiting any of the airline offices. The only thing is that we can’t get ticket for our instant departure, we have to book tickets prior to our departure and also there are no cancellations for these tickets.

Comment

FWIW- We are going to FL from NY next month. Last year we flew for $153 round trip. For this year we started watching flights in January for this trip. We've not been able to get under $300 each thus far- and that's every airline site, every discount site, twice a day. With 9 people that's too rich for my blood.
                      Unless a last-minute deal pops up, it's the extended van for us...

Tip for finding low fares: Airlines post their lowest fares (doorbusters) at 12:00am on Wednesdays. Frequently it's just a handful of seats to satisfy ad requirements ("fares as low as"). We've gotten super-low prices a few times by being online at midnight. Just not this time

Comment

Cathy just got back from Florida. She flew Jet Blue from Newburgh, NY (Stewart International Airport, SWF) to Orlando, FL. The tickets were $89 each way, plus the "silly" fees, of course. SWF is probably about an easy 225-250 mile drive for you. SWF is an easy airport/terminal to use and long term parking is reasonable. The livery service from Orlando to where she was going (Inveress, FL) was more expensive than the flight from NY to FL.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X