New forum is pretty nice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum is pretty nice....

I like the new look, thanks for all your work Mr. Shaw!

The forum really is quite nice - very nice, indeed. The graphics are very cool, and the options available to each user is impressive. To all who helped to make the decisions that led us to this product, and to those who did the work to bring us here today, my most sincere thanks, and my deep appreciation!

Comment

will take some getting used to for sure, working on avatar and signature pictures now.

Not to others, check your settings (in "settings" n the upper right hand corner allow other members to send you email or questions through the forum.

Lets see if my pictures work, "now where's that crossing fingers emotion icon: ; )

AAAAAAaaaaaaa, more work.
      Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 05-18-2010, 07:36 AM.
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Its tough teaching old dogs new tricks
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

WOW - this thing is fast. Now, what am I going to do with all my extra time.

Comment

KUDOS MR SHAW! Click 'n Read instead of Click and Fume. VERY nice. Now back into the shadows for me.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Might have to add an avatar.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Whats a avator?
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

My understanding is that you can have an "avatar", which is a small picture (80X80 pixels) that will reside in the left column of each post you make. You may also set up a picture for your signature BUT the HTML coding required in the old forum is no longer required here. Because neither image is dependent on the other, your avatar and signature image(s) can be different images.

To set either BOTH the avatar, and your signature image, go your your settings and upload (or point) the appropraite images.

Everyone should go back and review their signatures though, and remove the HMTL code, otherwise it will show up in the forums at the end of your post.

Comment

Speaking of pretty nice.....Give the search function a try!
                    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Thanks, Mr Shaw!

--george
                      1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Good thoughts here as well! I'm really getting to like it as I learn more bit by bit. Lots of great features here! Eventually I figured out how to get the old code off my signature, i.e. font color, and replace it with that from this forum. Currently looking for a setting to try different background colors; I think a bit darker color than the light blue would be easier on the eyes long-term... like maroon or brown maybe. If it's not possible, no problem, but if it is it would be good to try. Anyone find anything like that?

I can only imagine the work it took to make this changeover. I might as well try imagining the dimensions of the universe Thanks for all your efforts Mr. Shaw; looking forward to taking advantage of all your hard work

Comment

Great job on the new setup. I was wondering what happened to the emoticons? Also, how can I adjust the time? It's 4 hours ahead of EDT....
                          Last edited by 50Champ; 05-18-2010, 12:15 PM.
                          1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Whew! I'm still alive! Took alittle while to get on the first time, but I LOVE this! Thanks Mr.Shaw!
                            Dylan Wills
                            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Hey its working here in Aus as well. Now I will have to get some pointers from my son, to work it all out. Thanks...
                              Dave Pink
                              Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
                              1925 ER Tourer
                              1925 Panel Delivery
                              1953 Champion Sedan
                              1957 Golden Hawk
                              1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
                              http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Working...