Studebob's X Champ Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebob's X Champ Pickup

I got a call today from the guy selling Bob's (Mr. Biggs) old 7E12-122 T2 Cab '63 Champ 3/4 Ton with sliding window option and 289 V-8 5 Speed Overdrive in Rootbeer brown Amron with spray on bed liner. He said he's going to try selling it again at a San Juan Capistrano, CA classic car lot and several Beach area vacant lots to try to get $6500-7000.00 for it. It is a very nice truck probably worth at least close to that. Anybody in the area that wants to call him to go look at it, I've got the number.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Ya know what's DUMB about that[?][?][?] If that guy had had those SAME aspirations with it on ebay, he'd have sold it! Put a $6500 dollar reserve on it and start the bidding at $500. It woulda had a new home in 7 days! Instead, he's now gonna opt for yet another commission to some car lot jockey. DOH![)]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ya know what's DUMB about that[?][?][?] If that guy had had those SAME aspirations with it on ebay, he'd have sold it! Put a $6500 dollar reserve on it and start the bidding at $500. It woulda had a new home in 7 days! Instead, he's now gonna opt for yet another commission to some car lot jockey. DOH![)]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

GO GET IT BIGGSY!!! And let us help if you need!

The vast majority here would LOVE to see you get it back! Pay no attention to the very few malcontents that whined like babies- the decent folks are behind ya!!

And after that, you can root for me to find my 440 4-speed 70 Charger that I still miss.........

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

GO GET IT BIGGSY!!! And let us help if you need!

The vast majority here would LOVE to see you get it back! Pay no attention to the very few malcontents that whined like babies- the decent folks are behind ya!!

And after that, you can root for me to find my 440 4-speed 70 Charger that I still miss.........

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Robert, if > I < had the money to spare, I'd already have been on the phone. Thing is, I'm happy with Pete. I've had him 18 years now whereas I had that Champ maybe 5 years. It was/is a great truck. I loved having a pickup with such a versatile gearbox in it. Granny low at one end for (literally) pulling stumps and 5th OD for decent cruisin'. Now, I'm content with the knowledge that the ol' guy still lives and breathes and does so with his Studebaker heart still intact!
            I flat wouldn't accept a charity offering from the forum members, no matter how sentimental that gesture might be. Of course, when I meet my end, if someone wants to buy and share some libations in my memory, I'll not have a problem with that at all. Heck, they can even hold their glasses up and holler a hearty "Good Riddance!" and I'll still find favor in it. At least they gave me a thought once I was gone!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Robert, if > I < had the money to spare, I'd already have been on the phone. Thing is, I'm happy with Pete. I've had him 18 years now whereas I had that Champ maybe 5 years. It was/is a great truck. I loved having a pickup with such a versatile gearbox in it. Granny low at one end for (literally) pulling stumps and 5th OD for decent cruisin'. Now, I'm content with the knowledge that the ol' guy still lives and breathes and does so with his Studebaker heart still intact!
              I flat wouldn't accept a charity offering from the forum members, no matter how sentimental that gesture might be. Of course, when I meet my end, if someone wants to buy and share some libations in my memory, I'll not have a problem with that at all. Heck, they can even hold their glasses up and holler a hearty "Good Riddance!" and I'll still find favor in it. At least they gave me a thought once I was gone!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                Of course, when I meet my end, if someone wants to buy and share some libations in my memory, I'll not have a problem with that at all.
                Bigsy,

I will even buy you a cold one in South Bend. No need to wait until you are gone for us to enjoy it. []

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                  Of course, when I meet my end, if someone wants to buy and share some libations in my memory, I'll not have a problem with that at all.
                  Bigsy,

I will even buy you a cold one in South Bend. No need to wait until you are gone for us to enjoy it. []

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Hmmmmm......... There are approximately 2000+ registered users on this forum. If everyone gave Biggs 3 dollars that would come out to over $6k! Oh, except for Guido, he's gotta save the 3 bucks for that cold one. Whaddya think Biggs?

-Home of John Studebaker-
                        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

Hmmmmm......... There are approximately 2000+ registered users on this forum. If everyone gave Biggs 3 dollars that would come out to over $6k! Oh, except for Guido, he's gotta save the 3 bucks for that cold one. Whaddya think Biggs?

-Home of John Studebaker-
                          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

I hear you Biggs.

When I came out with that idea, I have to admit I couldn't see how to make it work... I knew the biggest obstacle would be that, based on what I've gleaned from your posts on this forum, you wouldn't be receptive to a bunch of folks pitching in to help buy it for you. Still, I pitched the idea for these reasons:

1. You offer a service here, with real value, to anyone- for FREE.

2. I can absolutely identify with this situation- having real affection for a vehicle and having to part with it due to hard times; and seeing it go to an unappreciative oaf! Then by sheer kismet it actually turns up all these years later!

3. God has overwhelmingly blessed me, and I am extremely thankful for all He's given me; and like to pass on a little of that blessing to others... I'm a big believer in the concept of "paying it forward".

4. I saw it as a chance to rail against injustice, by righting one.

5. I predicted a lot of others would feel similarly!

I am aware that it was kind of a wacky idea- pitch in a few bucks to a (mostly) stranger for an inanimate object... still, it felt like a chance to kick in next-to-nothing in exchange for helping someone we care about achieve a dream... seemed like a real bargain to me!! Honestly, it'd be a great deal: be a blessing to someone, and make brownie points with my Lord at the same time!! [^]

Of course, it is after all only a vehicle; if it falls over a cliff, we'll all keep getting up and living till the Boss calls us home. But here's what's great about it: Not only did it serve you back then, it brought out lots of folks who appreciate you wanting to see you blessed with getting it back- you would be shocked- and I expect a little embarrassed- by the sheer number of folks who e-mailed me wanting to be a part of this!! The few sad, jealous losers that had something negative to say mean nothing; the fact that they have led a life that means nothing is why they're jealous of those who contribute to the world. I have no anger towards them; only pity... and I pray they get well soon...

I've yet to meet you; only know you based on this Forum. But I know that for any differences or disagreements we may have, we have some things in common; mainly a love for old Studebakers.

And that's enough for me to count you as a friend. [^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I hear you Biggs.

When I came out with that idea, I have to admit I couldn't see how to make it work... I knew the biggest obstacle would be that, based on what I've gleaned from your posts on this forum, you wouldn't be receptive to a bunch of folks pitching in to help buy it for you. Still, I pitched the idea for these reasons:

1. You offer a service here, with real value, to anyone- for FREE.

2. I can absolutely identify with this situation- having real affection for a vehicle and having to part with it due to hard times; and seeing it go to an unappreciative oaf! Then by sheer kismet it actually turns up all these years later!

3. God has overwhelmingly blessed me, and I am extremely thankful for all He's given me; and like to pass on a little of that blessing to others... I'm a big believer in the concept of "paying it forward".

4. I saw it as a chance to rail against injustice, by righting one.

5. I predicted a lot of others would feel similarly!

I am aware that it was kind of a wacky idea- pitch in a few bucks to a (mostly) stranger for an inanimate object... still, it felt like a chance to kick in next-to-nothing in exchange for helping someone we care about achieve a dream... seemed like a real bargain to me!! Honestly, it'd be a great deal: be a blessing to someone, and make brownie points with my Lord at the same time!! [^]

Of course, it is after all only a vehicle; if it falls over a cliff, we'll all keep getting up and living till the Boss calls us home. But here's what's great about it: Not only did it serve you back then, it brought out lots of folks who appreciate you wanting to see you blessed with getting it back- you would be shocked- and I expect a little embarrassed- by the sheer number of folks who e-mailed me wanting to be a part of this!! The few sad, jealous losers that had something negative to say mean nothing; the fact that they have led a life that means nothing is why they're jealous of those who contribute to the world. I have no anger towards them; only pity... and I pray they get well soon...

I've yet to meet you; only know you based on this Forum. But I know that for any differences or disagreements we may have, we have some things in common; mainly a love for old Studebakers.

And that's enough for me to count you as a friend. [^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X