PDA

View Full Version : Possibly my last post...

61hawk
03-27-2008, 10:22 AM
We'll see, this morning I received a warning/threat from Bob Shaw that my account may be suspended because of my argument with JDP. Since it takes two to argue, I asked Bob a very simple question that of whether or not JDP received the same admonishment. Bob refused my two requests for an answer.

I also asked if he could do something as simple as implement an "Ignore User" feature commonly found on other forums. He said he could not that it was not possible with this forum. But, it is possible, all it requires is to install the "Ignore User Mod" written for this forum system.

Ignore Post Mod:
http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=156

I've since been informed by Bob that he does not intend to install this feature because the forum is running version 3.4.06 and this was written for version 3.4. As someone who works with computer networks/systems all day, I have to ask how he knows it won't work... he hasn't even had a chance to test it? I'd even be satisfied if he contacted their technical support team to ask if there are any known problems with this mod and version 3.4.06. But I've been in this industry long enough to know that it's easier to come back with "it won't work" than to actually give me a reason why. Anyone who has worked around software knows that version 3.4.06 is nothing more than a minor repair/bug fix of version 3.4... it's not a major code repair or revision. If it were it would be repackaged as version 3.5, 4.0, or at minimum 3.4 SP 1.

I asked a question and offered a solution, but Bob refuses to answer my question and immediately dismisses my solution to the problem without even bothering to consider it.

If you disagree with me, wouldn't it be nice if Bob would have installed an "Ignore User" button that you could push and never have to read one of my posts ever again?

Lee

BShaw
03-27-2008, 11:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by 61hawk

We'll see, this morning I received a warning/threat from Bob Shaw that my account may be suspended because of my argument with JDP. Since it takes two to argue, I asked Bob a very simple question that of whether or not JDP received the same admonishment. Bob refused my two requests for an answer.

As I explained, I do not discuss my private communications with other forum members just as I would have refused to discuss my conversation with you, Lee, with JDP or anyone else, had you not posted this on the forum.

I also asked if he could do something as simple as implement an "Ignore User" feature commonly found on other forums. He said he could not that it was not possible with this forum.

But, it is possible, all it requires is to install the "Ignore User Mod" written for this forum system.

Ignore Post Mod:
http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=156

And when you sent me the link I replied with "I stand corrected".

I've since been informed by Bob that he does not intend to install this feature because the forum is running version 3.4.06 and this was written for version 3.4. As someone who works with computer networks/systems all day, I have to ask how he knows it won't work... he hasn't even had a chance to test it? I'd even be satisfied if he contacted their technical support team to ask if there are any known problems with this mod and version 3.4.06. But I've been in this industry long enough to know that it's easier to come back with "it won't work" than to actually give me a reason why. Anyone who has worked around software knows that version 3.4.06 is nothing more than a minor repair/bug fix of version 3.4... it's not a major code repair or revision. If it were it would be repackaged as version 3.5, 4.0, or at minimum 3.4 SP 1.

I asked a question and offered a solution, but Bob refuses to answer my question and immediately dismisses my solution to the problem without even bothering to consider it.

I maintain that there is no compelling reason to have an "Ignore User" feature on the forum nor did Lee endeavor to offer a compelling reason. As I did tell Lee, I do not have an interest in providing a method that would serve to divide the forum membership in that way.

The solution to the problem is to conduct one's self responsibly on the forum in the first place and not make posts for the purpose of pushing another member's buttons. And this applies to EVERYONE on the forum.

If you disagree with me, wouldn't it be nice if Bob would have installed an "Ignore User" button that you could push and never have to read one of my posts ever again?

Lee

I am not going to comment publically further on this and ask all members to get back to talking about Studebakers, please.

BShaw,Webmaster
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/StudeWebService-small.gif
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
Woodbury, Minnesota