This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find Hawk trunk&hood hinges

Does anybody know where to find nos or rebuilt or really good used hood and trunk hinges for a '62 GT Hawk?
    Also front window regulators?

thanks
    bob

SASCO in South Bend,IN for hinges, regulators at Studebaker International. You also need to "JOIN-Up" at Studebaker Driver's Club.com and you will know these things!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have joined up. I have checked those places. No got. Thanks.

Comment

The trunk hinges are rare... I think I have one decent used one, but one of the sides is NLA in NOS condition unless Stelford's still has them. No other vendors have any stock left as far as I know. I believe that Chuck Collins (studebakerparts.com) is selling rebuilt trunk hinges and that may be your best option, expensive though it may be. Most that you will find used will have a lot of slop in them, so much that it will be difficult to adjust the trunk to shut correctly (which causes leaks, which causes rust, and rust is NOT your friend.) Don't know about the hood hinges, but I'd think you'd be able to find some from a parts car.

I do sympathize with you, as I spend a good couple weekends (not to mention some $$$) working on my '55 to get the trunk lid to close correctly. At least it doesn't leak now.

good luck,

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I talked to Chuck a few weeks ago. The hawk hinge project is sort of on the back burner until he hears from more people supporting the project. He still plans on doing it, but it would help if more people would call him. He said he'd call me when he figured out when he might start doing it and how much it would cost.

With the right equipment and a little ingenuity I'm sure it shouldn't be hard to rebuild the hinges and Chuck seems to have both.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I found a NOS left trunk hinge. I still need the right, and both hood hinges.
            This winter when we were in Az, I stopped at Chuck's place to pick up some seats. He has quite an operation.

Comment

I have all those .... somewhere ... (scratching head).

Tom
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

try here for the trunk hinge:

this is where I got mine. Hope he still has some left.

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                X