This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love summer

ahh. Right now I am sitting on my deck, surfing the Studebaker websites, eating tomato sandwiches with tomatoes fresh from my garden, and drinking a cold beer. Does it get any better than this? Well, I guess it would be better if my Lark were roadworthy...[]
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

[quote]Originally posted by tstclr

ahh. Right now I am sitting on my deck, surfing the Studebaker websites, eating tomato sandwiches with tomatoes fresh from my garden, and drinking a cold beer.

Does it get any better than this?

If it were yesterday evening! Its back-to-work tomorrow!!

Craig (who's really enjoying the day off) P.

Comment

I hear ya, Todd. I've come to realize I can leave the bacon out of a BLT (Actually, A BLOT - O for onion) and have a great sandwich!

I had tomato-cucumber salad for lunch today. I'd KILL for garden fresh tomatoes along about January or February. Those tasteless, red orbs they sell in the stores are just for looks. REAL tomatoes have flavor.[]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You got that right Mr.Biggs.I like just plain ole mater samich . mater bread n mayo.mater n grilled eggplant.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

I had tomato-cucumber salad for lunch today. I'd KILL for garden fresh tomatoes along about January or February. Those tasteless, red orbs they sell in the stores are just for looks. REAL tomatoes have flavor.

Garden grown tomatoes are to good eating what Studebakers are to good driving. In the summer we can leave the round tasteless red orbs (and oval tasteless Brand Xs) behind and enjoy good eating and driving!

Studedude1961
          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude1961

I had tomato-cucumber salad for lunch today. I'd KILL for garden fresh tomatoes along about January or February. Those tasteless, red orbs they sell in the stores are just for looks. REAL tomatoes have flavor.

Garden grown tomatoes are to good eating what Studebakers are to good driving. In the summer we can leave the round tasteless red orbs (and oval tasteless Brand Xs) behind and enjoy good eating and driving!

Studedude1961
            --1963 Cruiser
            Apropos this thread, Texas singer-songwriter Guy Clark has a song called "Homegrown Tomatoes" that expresses these sentiments very nicely. Look for it; it's a gooder.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

It seems Ingersoll, Ontario has quite the garden friendly soil. We moved here last year and didn't have time to plant a garden. This year we made time and I have been really pleased with the results. Our tomato plants are HUGE! We also have peppers (3 types-I like spicy food!), cucumbers, cabbage, lettuce, strawberries, zuchini as well as some "rogue" vegetables that grew from the compost we spread including the seeds from the pumpkin we dumped in the composter last Halloween! Luckily my wife loves to cook so all these veggies will not go to waste.
              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Ahhh, er.. Ugh...
                Up before sunup every day...
                Sorting through stuff I haven't touched in a decade..
                Packing, sorting, packing, sorting....
                (and that's just the house[:0])
                The barn gets the same treatment after lunch until bed time.
                The move part is actually exciting, but the packing part sucks[xx(]
                My 'ahhhh' reward for the day is a nice long shower..
                But why in August? We need a new law.
                All houses (down south) should be sold only in January
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

ahh. Right now I am sitting on my deck, surfing the Studebaker websites, eating tomato sandwiches with tomatoes fresh from my garden, and drinking a cold beer. Does it get any better than this? Well, I guess it would be better if my Lark were roadworthy...[]
                Todd

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                Ocala, FL.[u](For one more month!)</u>
                '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                '61 Hawk (project)
                http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I agree with everyone, Summers were made for driving Studebakers and eating homegrown Tomatoes!!! Life is good!!!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Working...
                  X