This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our new 58 hawk!

While on a recent trip to buy a 74 Trans Am, we encountered a few problems. Mainly the owners lack of enthusiasm to move several cars to get the car out....even though he said it would be ready to pick up.
    But all was not lost as my girlfriend asked about Studebakers, a few phone numbers later and we were on our way to look at a Silver Hawk.
    As the cover was removed I thought to myself, OMG, I cant afford this....but the owner said I know it needs work, and there no engine in it, and no keys, and I am never going to fix it up so I might as well sell it. We agreed on a price and I loaded it up and brought it home. I agreed to keep the price secret and to keep the details of it to myself. I also agreed to drive it down when it was finished.
    It needs floors and rocker work(what studee doesnt afetr setting for some time). We removed the carpet and found some repair work that we are going to just seal(new floors after we enjoy it awhile!) and we will be replacing the very weak trunk floor. The 289 from the GT will soon find a home in the 58 and so will the new brakes and exhaust. Im currrently looking for door and rear panels. Preferably blue, as we are going to install the seats from the GT as well. It was a 6 but its going to be an 8 soon. Hopefully ready to be driven to REEDSVILLE this year!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

COOL deal![]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

my body guy said to go ahead and remove the aluminum trailer metal and roadsigns, as it would be easier to weld up "real" metal. Still the cars doors shut great and it feels pretty solid. Eng/trans hits the floor hopefully this weekend......I being brought up in a "bowtie" family, was amazed at how easy eveything is to get to, and how simple the removal of the engine is going to be, had I brought along the crane it would already be out. I claim to be a PONTIAC man, BUT, Studees are really starting to take over LOL.

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Id like to add a pic of our new 58 but being technically/computer challenged cant figure it out....any help?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

Id like to add a pic of our new 58 but being technically/computer challenged cant figure it out....any help?
          Your photo needs to be hosted on a server on the net. The best thing to do is to read the "Sticky" at the top of the discussion page where B. Shaw lays out the process. If I can add pictures, I am sure you can do the same.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Here's the 50 cent version I just wrote into another post:

I upload them to my cardomain page, come to the forum, open a reply/post window, minimize it, go to the cardomain page, find the pic I want to post, right-click, click on properties, highlight the URL, right-click on "copy", go back to the reply window at the forum, right-click in the window, and click on "paste"..[B)]

You have to have a site to host your pics in order for them to have a URL (address)... there are lots of sites- cardomain, photobucket, etc...

Anyone got an easier way?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Before you click and paste, you need to click on the icon to "insert image". Then position your cursor between the center brackets, then right click and paste and remove your cursor from the bracketed area. Click "Preview" at the bottom to see if it worked before actually posting.

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              33 Rockne 10
              51 Commander Starlight
              53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Right, Brad; my bad...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                X