X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

Just wanted to say THANKS!
    At the recent Martinsburg WV meet, I had the pleasure of getting my HOT ROD magazine signed by Ted Harbit. Those of you who didnt know it, Teds "Chickn Hawk" graced the pages of Hot Rods August 2006 issue, pages 86-92. It will soon be encased in a frame and will be hung on my living room wall, amoung the other drivers signatures I have collected. These include Arnie Beswick, Grumpy Jenkins, Bruce Larson, Ronnie Sox, and several NASCAR drivers, amoung others.
    It was a special treat for my Parents(who like blue ovals and bowties). You see my Dad read the article while we were on Vacation. And when we invited them to the WV show, and he saw the bullet nose he just read about he said "HEY thats that car"! We didnt get to see Ted that Friday. But Saturday we showed up and I saw Ted as he was moving the bullet nose. I snapped his picture as he signed it and will upload it later when I download my digi cam.
    Thanks again, it was a wonderful show, and we had a great time....

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Ronnie Sox recently (April 22) died of cancer at the age of 67.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY
    1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
    1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You know, it never occurred to me to try that... knowing Ted, he was probably tickled pink!

nate

(hey, I know a bona fide celebrity!)

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I have a few copies I printed of 2 of the Ronnie Sox autographs I had, I sold 2 and kept 2, one is of the 64 Comet pro mod, and 1 is of the 64? Plymouth. If any one is intrested let me know, I was going to list a few on eBay. "Mr 4Speed" was an assett to the drag racing hobby and he will truly be missed.

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Sorry to hear about Ronnie Sox. Watched him race many times way back when. I myself am a cancer surviver and am lucky to be alive. He will be missed.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Working...
          X