X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Avanti

From the news group

Howard Johnson had his Avanti stolen from a shop in Oroville, CA. Oroville is about an hour north of Sacramento. This is a high performance R-3 4 speed Clone with a supercharger. It has slotted mags, candy red paint with most of it primered over to get ready for a repaint. The car has 4 wheel disc brakes. We believe the front bumper is off the car as it is now. If you have any information please contact me: salstude@sbcglobalYYY.net (remove the YYY to send). A reward is being offered, but Howard is layed up in the hospital for the last several weeks, so, screw the reward, let's just try to get his car back. Thanks

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Avanti R2/4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT(parts car)
    60 Lark convert
    60 Hawk
    56 Power Hawk/4 speed/289
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Wow, that sucks. I will keep an eye out for it.

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for it in Reno~ looks like I'll be making it over for 'Hot August Nights'...

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
      '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
      '57 Commander 2dr
      '57 Champion 2dr
      '58 Packard sedan
      '65 Cruiser
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Eyes peeled in the central valley! Hard to believe some idiot would STEAL something as blatantly obvious as an Avanti! You know - make off with a Mercedes or some Acura or whatever the "flavor-of-the-month is for car theft! But an Avanti??? Either the thief was just stupid (goes without saying I guess!) or they HAD a buyer lined up to recieve it![}]

Of course, if was some youngsters bent on a joy ride..... no telling what it might look like when it's recovered.[xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I never used to lock my 1957 silver hawk (6 cyl, auto) when I lived in the SF bay area, because I figured if some idiot was stupid enough to steal it he'd be spotted a mile away (it was wedgewood blue), and besides if he really wanted the car that bad, he'd get what he deserved! At least that's what I told myself when the car had been giving me grief.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I certainly hope that he gets his Avanti back, or at minimum, he carries enough insurance to begin to replace it. Is this the same Howard Johnson that I knew from the east coast that owned a '64 Hawk? Unless it was for a joy ride, unlikely, the car is probably in a container headed out of the country.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY
            1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
            1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well, if it was for a joy ride, the car won't be worth a... um, darn when they find it. The style now is to torch the car so there's no prints.[V]

Lotsa Larks!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Torch the car? 5 minutes and its a pile of goo.

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Living in the car striping capital of America....I believe the car has had its parts removed....that R-3 clone was spotted by the individal who had it removed...the engine alone would be worth the effort...for some cretin....[V][V]

Comment

Working...
                  X