This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha drags

Just a few items in addition to what is in August TW.
    Batteries & fuel tanks must be secure. If running slicks car must have driveshaft loop.If you run quicker then 8.50 in the 8th mile you must wear helmet Snell 95 or newer. Real fast stuff 6.39 or quicker needs chassis certification and competition license. In addition to these items a radiator overflow catch can is usually required at tracks.

I don't think my dump truck will be quite that fast...

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. Hazlehurst, Georgia
    63 Daytona HT
    51 2R16 dump truck
    52 Commander Starliner (will trade for another Stude <g&gt

Comment

Bring it anyway Matthew, a few years ago in South Bend a couple of guys brought their diesel Stude trucks to the drags during the SDC meet.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

What August Turning Wheels. Tomorrow is only the 31st of July. I'll not likely see my issue until some of you are expecting your September issue! Some of you are likely through with your August issue and could mail it to me and I'd still see it sooner than the regular delivery. Oh well, I can't afford to buy anything anyway--so what difference does it make? None!

Comment

quote:Bring it anyway Matthew, a few years ago in South Bend a couple of guys brought their diesel Stude trucks to the drags during the SDC meet.
          I won'tbe there this year. But, So. Bend '07 is definite. The Daytona will make that trip. It's a looong ride in a 2R16...

BTW, my grandad has a Stephen Cade on VHS hitting the strip in a early 50's Stude dump truck with sand body and all! What a sight! Only Stephen...
          (BTW, he's been known to drag race the 1911 Flanders runabout against the 1913 Studebaker ...)
          The 1911: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...74401068zCgJwB
          The 1913: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...74401068JzKSAF

63 Daytona HT
          51 2R16 dump truck

Comment

I love this picture.

Gary Ash's '48 M5 up against Rick Courtier's 56 Transtar.

63 Daytona HT
            51 2R16 dump truck

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank
              If you run quicker then 8.50 in the 8th mile you must wear helmet Snell 95 or newer.
              8.5 eighth mile = about low to mid 13's for you quarter milers.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I love the paint job on the 56 transtar is that a factory option or a creative owner?

Randy_G

This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

I love the paint job on the 56 transtar is that a factory option or a creative owner?
                  Randy,

If my memory is correct, two toned paint schemes debuted in 1955 with the bottom half being a dark color and the top being white. The line of demarcation was on a straight line running forward from the top of the bed and included all of the front fenders.

I believe the paint scheme in Matt's picture was a 1956 only option as the '57 Transtar's had the bottom color from the bed seam down and in the design of a flattened check mark across the door defined by a chrome strip.

I suspect that our young Stude archivist has examples in his files.

You guys need to talk trucks more often where I can add something meaningful to the mix!

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
                  1948 M-16 grain truck
                  1949 2R16A grain truck
                  1949 2R17A fire truck
                  1955 E-38 grain truck
                  1957 3E-40 flatbed
                  1961 6E-28 grain truck
                  1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
                  1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
                  1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
                  1964 Cruiser
                  And various other "treasures"
                  Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
                  X