This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Anniversary

Tomorrow 7/29/06 will be my one year anniversary since buying my 48 Studebaker 2dr.sedan. It has been a lot of fun driving and making a nice driver out of it!!! I would like to take this time to thank everyone on this forum for all your help the past year!!! I could not have done it without you!!! Again thanks to everyone and happy Studebakering!!!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Congrats on your 1 yr. Stude anniversary. Someone should have warned you that owning a Studebaker is addicting.
    Your body style is one of my favorites from that era. To me, it's right up there with the Starlight Coupe.
    Also, I've found that Studebaker people are among the nicest around.
    Have fun.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I'd like to add my sentiments to Champ's; I've had my Studebaker for about a year as well, and I really value the expertise, patience and gentlemanly demeanor of this forum and all who participate in it. Special thanks go to the 'anchors' of the forum,(you know who you are) without whom we would largely be trading guesses amongst ourselves.

I hope that I get a chance to meet many of you at upcoming Internationals-- I hope that Bob Shaw can moderate a few 'bull sessions' for forum participants in 'real time'...!!
      Thanks again!!

51 Commander State Sedan
      Worthington PA

51 Commander State Sedan
      Butler PA

Comment

Studebakering is one of the few addictions we celebrate falling for and not recovering from! Congratulations and many more years of happy motoring!

Studedude1961
        --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Yes, congrats are in order! I don't remember the exact date that I bought my first, but I can tell you when I bought the one I've had the longest~ 15 December 1991!!!
          I bought her (Sweet Pea) as a 'temparary' car until I could get the wagon (Betsy) on the road~ 200,000 miles on Sweet Pea later, and that has yet to happen!!! There are several others in my fleet now as well...

StudeDave [8D]
          V/P San Diego County SDC
          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
          '57 Commander 2dr
          '57 Champion 2dr
          '58 Packard sedan
          '65 Cruiser
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

The one I've had the longest is my Daytona. Got it on March 12, 2000. Got it as a birthday present. 10 years old...
            BTW, I share my B-day with Clement Studebaker

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. Hazlehurst, Georgia
            63 Daytona HT
            51 2R16 dump truck
            52 Commander Starliner (will trade for another Stude <g&gt

Comment

I bought my first one in 1974, I think the day was January 16th. It was a '49 2R5 pickup that cost a whopping $75.00. It ran, but smoked terribly and I replaced the 2 rear tires for a total of $25 with recaps. Sent it to the local vo-tech school where they did a complete overhaul of the motor for $325 and I ended up with 4 extra motors. I ended up selling it for $550 in 1979.

My second in 1975 cost me all of $29, it was a '63 Daytona (I sold it for $60 and wish I had it back). The owner also had 2 other early '60's Lark types he was selling, both in the $29-$39 range (he was raising money for divinity school). The next was a 1946 M15A that I bought for $40 in 1976 (it ran) and 2 weeks later I got a 1946 M-16 dump truck at auction at the farm across the road for $110.

Needless to say, not many good deals after that. If I celebrated each Studebaker bought I would have around 55 holidays each year!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
              1948 M-16 grain truck
              1949 2R16A grain truck
              1949 2R17A fire truck
              1955 E-38 grain truck
              1957 3E-40 flatbed
              1961 6E-28 grain truck
              1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
              1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
              1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
              1964 Cruiser
              And various other "treasures"
              Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I don't remember even what month it was that I bought my first Stude - a forlorn 60 Lark ragtop. $35 bucks!

Many, MANY more have come and gone since then. A few of them I'd dearly LOVE to have back!

Matthew, I share a birthday with the anniversary of the first Studebaker blacksmith shop in South Bend. Feb. 16th. I didn't know that until WELL into my Studebakering years. I suspect it has something to do with my attraction to the marque.[:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

August would have been my 28th anniversary since first experiencing Studebaker ownership had my parents cooperated. In August 1978 I decided to trade off my first car, a 1968 Ford Country Sedan Station Wagon that I got from my Dad for my 16th birthday the year before. It was a good old wagon but I had had it a year and wanted something different. I found it. A 1955 Hudson Hornet Hollywood. It was for sale on a marginal car lot here in Omaha for the princely sum of $495. I really wanted the car and put a $25 deposit on it to keep it from being snatched up overnight while I talked things over with my parents. The answer to the Hudson was an eyeroll from my Mother and a firm "HUDSON? I don't think so" from Dad. A month later I found a very washed out pink 1959 or 1960 Lark VIII four door with very low mileage in the "Shopper" and again approached my Mom who declared Studebakers were "ugly" and besides you couldn't tell if they were coming or going. Dad was concerned with parts availability and my two best friends thought it would be best in light of high gas prices to buy another car, namely a 1973 PINTO. I bought the PINTO and the good news was I got to switch cars again in a few months when it blew a head gasket. I saw the pink Stude around town a few times over the next few years and it looked to be running fine! I finally bought my first Studebaker in 1999 so I am a relative newcomer to the fold.

Studedude1961
                  --1963 Cruiser

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Studedude1961

August would have been my 28th anniversary since first experiencing Studebaker ownership had my parents cooperated. [quote]
                    You missed one of the first lessons of life, act now and ask forgiveness (i.e. face the music) later.

My mother heard the entire auction for the '46 dump truck at the farm across the road from our place. When I appeared for lunch she said "You didn't" and I merely responded "I did". It sat in their field for 9 months until a fellow from Pittsburgh showed up in a brand new '77 Louisville Line Ford rollback to pick it up. I know the seller must have thought I got a mint for it! In actuality, my profit was about $50.00 by the time I transferred the title into my name.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
                    1948 M-16 grain truck
                    1949 2R16A grain truck
                    1949 2R17A fire truck
                    1955 E-38 grain truck
                    1957 3E-40 flatbed
                    1961 6E-28 grain truck
                    1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
                    1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
                    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                    1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
                    1964 Cruiser
                    And various other "treasures"
                    Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Guido I learned that lesson in non-automotive areas when I was a kid!

Studedude1961
                      --1963 Cruiser

Comment

quote:Matthew, I share a birthday with the anniversary of the first Studebaker blacksmith shop in South Bend. Feb. 16th. I suspect it has something to do with my attraction to the marque.
                        Same here...

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        63 Daytona HT
                        51 2R16 dump truck
                        52 Commander Starliner (will trade for another Stude <g&gt

Comment

Just to add my 2 cents, my first Stude was a '40 Champion Business Coupe which I owned when I was in college-----1956.
                          I've owned my present Stude, '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop, since May of 1991. Love that Lark.
                          Rog

'59 Lark Regal Hardtop
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I purchased by first Stude in May 1968, just after completing my junior year of high school, it was a 1963 Lark Daytona, purchase price was a whopping $150.00 (it sure seamed like a lot of money then)

Studebaker Fever
                            60 Lark
                            51 Champion
                            Phil
                            Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                            60 Lark
                            56 Power Hawk
                            Phil Hendrickson
                            Arnold, Missouri

Comment

I had an interest in Studebakers for a long time before owning one even though no one in my family had owned one. After a Chevrolet and several Mercurys, I bought my first Studebaker in 1961. It was a 1957 President Classic. I have owned more than 50 Studebakers since then. There were many times when we only had Studebakers to drive. I have been a member of SDC since 1968.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY
                              1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                              1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X