This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TW issue for 55 sedan

Would anyone be able to check their back issues and let me know what month/year issue was on the 55 Champion sedan. I would like to track down that issue on E-bay, or if someone has one they no longer need. Thanks

1955 Champion Deluxe 2dr.

Have you tried looking for the TW index on this site yet? Go to the "home" link in the upper right of this page, then look at that page's left side column. There's a link for Turning Wheels, and you can download the master index in several different formats.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Since I just happened to have them both on my desk, it's the Feb & Mar issues from 1994. There was so much to cover about the 55s that it took two months of TW to present it. Further, Fred Fox had already done coverage in June of '82 but subsequent information and requests for better coverage prompted him to go back and do it better.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks to you both. And there appears to be back issues still available as well. Off to a good start.

Comment

Thanks to you both. And there appears to be back issues still available as well. Off to a good start.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Since I just happened to have them both on my desk...
            Doesn't surprise me any. I've seen that desk [}]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I just happened to have them both on my desk
              Mr. Biggs,

I am lucky if I can keep more than several issues out in my house. My wife has a penchant for removing any abandoned periodicals from the premises so I have to guard them closely. However, I do have three large boxes of TW in my basement dating back to the early '70's that I have in chronological order.

Speaking of old TW, I kick myself everytime I get one and realize if I hadn't been so cheap I could have been a life member for $100.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
              1948 M-16 grain truck
              1949 2R16A grain truck
              1949 2R17A fire truck
              1955 E-38 grain truck
              1957 3E-40 flatbed
              1961 6E-28 grain truck
              1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
              1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
              1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
              1964 Cruiser
              And various other "treasures"
              Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Dick - brace yourself - it's been so DAMNED hot out that I've spent the past two days cleaning up and straightening the office! Lisa came home yesterday, after I'd moved the wagon seats out of the office and started to vacuum Buster's feathers up, and damn near fainted. She had to go out and look to see that she'd come home to the right place!
                NOW - how long it STAYS this way................[B)]

What was really funny yesterday was when Buster came back to the office to take up his usual napping spot on the back of the old dinner chair I'd let him claim a couple of years ago. He went frantic - scurryin' around the room and squawking his dismay that his chair - indeed half his WORLD had been rearranged!

Guido, I'm lucky I guess. I don't have to hide my periodicals, car parts OR cars, for that matter. Hell, ask Dick how I ended up with that '58 wagon he sold me![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bigsy,

My wife forced one move on me when she looked out the window and saw a dozen crawlers and farm tractors scattered around the driveway. The good part was that I got a piece of property on which to place my treasures. In the past 7 1/2 years she has probably not been there more than 4 or 5 times and always with me. The bad part is that it is 30 miles from home.

I had been accumulating stuff from auctions in the basement recently, furniture, about 550 old Coke bottles, tools, etc. and had to move them outside to my enclosed trailer to keep peace. Must admit things look better, but now I can't use the trailer!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
                  1948 M-16 grain truck
                  1949 2R16A grain truck
                  1949 2R17A fire truck
                  1955 E-38 grain truck
                  1957 3E-40 flatbed
                  1961 6E-28 grain truck
                  1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
                  1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
                  1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
                  1964 Cruiser
                  And various other "treasures"
                  Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Guido, I'm lucky I guess. I don't have to hide my periodicals, car parts OR cars, for that matter. Hell, ask Dick how I ended up with that '58 wagon he sold me![:0]
                    Bob's wife is truly the "better half"...and she likes Studebakers as much as Bob to boot (and gardens MUCH better).[8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                    X