This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 coupe express

I am restoring a 39 coupe express. I am about 40 miles west of st. louis, mo. I have 2 magazine articles showing 2 different 39 CE's but these still leave me with some questions. Does anybody out there have a restored 39 I can come look at? Also I am in need of a few parts which I am having trouble getting my hands on. seat and seat back, dome light, radio, door mirrors. I would also like to upgrade the steering wheel to have a horn ring and horn button with studebaker emplem. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Mike,

Richard Dormois, VP of SDC has restored/rebuilt a Coupe Express that was recently featured in Turning Wheels. His email addresss is
    1938studeman@earthlink.net
    He had to search high and low for parts and may be a source, or be able to point you to those who can be. Join us here for info and discussion on any Studebaker subject.

You should also go to Studebaker Truck Talk at http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/ where the subjects are all about trucks.

I suggest you join the Studebaker Drivers Club (SDC) to get access to the Turning Wheels magazine and to learn about studebaker parts vendors, and join a local area Studebaker club chapter for help close by.

Good luck with your project.

Regards,

Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC
    [img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/NewBitmapImage.jpg[/img=left]

Comment

The International meet in Omaha would be a good place to come and locate parts and look at C.E's There are usually some in attendance that have been restored to original condition.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mike H

Does anybody out there have a restored 39 I can come look at?
        Mike,

Chester Bradfield of Good Printers (the company the publishes Turning Wheels) has 2 CE's, a '38 and a '39. The only problem is that he is located in Bridgewater, Va., so it is not a day trip for you. I think that Frank Drumheller sent Gary Ash several pictures to post on the Truck Talk website. Perhaps Gary can respond if he has those to share.

Unfortunately Chester does not do his own restorations, but may be able to offer some help. If you do want to visit, wait until October 8th when Chester will be holding a SDC meet at his house.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
        1948 M-16 grain truck
        1949 2R16A grain truck
        1949 2R17A fire truck
        1955 E-38 grain truck
        1957 3E-40 flatbed
        1961 6E-28 grain truck
        1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
        1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
        1964 Cruiser
        And various other "treasures"
        Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
        X