This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reducing picture size - help!

I haven't figured it out. Can someone tell me how?

Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC
    [img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/NewBitmapImage.jpg[/img=left]

quote:Originally posted by stude53

You need a "Photo Shop" type picture manipulator program. Usually a free one comes bundled with your computer software and/or with your camera software

...or you can select a photo host that has one. I know Flckr! does, I don't know about Photo Bucket or others.

Here's a couple of choices for you...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

You can do it in Paint in your windows program.
      You paste the picture in.
      Crop it to size (using the cartoon tool, there is no 'crop' feature.
      Change the size by going to the 'image' then 'attributes' and you can change the width and height (but you must keep it mathematically in porportion)..
      Or you can select 'image' and then 'stretch/skew' and change the percentages of the 'stretch'..again..keeping the % of change the same..
      Then do a save, or a save as....

quote:Originally posted by stude53

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Here is a GREAT sharewhere FREE software that will do ALL sorts of
        cool things, such as reducing/resizing, rotating, and creating new
        pictures. Other effects are also available. Highly recommended.

I usually use the resize/resample option, pick percentage of original,
        and you only have to put in the first, the second will auto set to
        keep the aspect ratio. Then you save it with "save as", and it gives
        you an option for "save quality" to reduce file size.

For my 8 mega pixel Canon images, I use 25% of original, then save it
        as 80 on the Save quality to end up with a forum friendly size around
        100kb. The original images are over 3mb! Its quite easy to use.

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

This gives me a few options to play with.

Bob Feaganes (stude53)
          53 Starliner Hardtop
          Newton Grove, NC
          [img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/NewBitmapImage.jpg[/img=left]

Comment

There should also be a option in your camera's shooting menu that will give you the choice of image sizes.Take a look & see.

Comment

Well I tried to add photo to Signature- this is try to see if it is OK

1950 Champion Starlight
              1963 Hawk GT
              Santa Barbara
              CA
              The 1950 Champion Starlight
              Santa Barbara
              CA

Comment

Hey starlightchamp,

Just noticed you are in Santa Barbara, you have a GT Hawk? Its not
                the one on the Dodge frame is it?

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

This is what I do, but this may only work with MS Office.

1) Copy/download photo into the 'My Pictures' section of 'My Documents'.

2) After downloading the photo, right click on the photo and a menu will come up. Slide up to 'Open With'. Look for the 'Microsoft Office Picture Manager'.

3) At the top of the tool bar, click on 'Picture'. Slide down the menu to 'Resize'. I try to get the largest part of the pixels at around 300-500 (i.e., 400 X 275). For stuff like avatars, depending on the site limitations, I'll keep it between 100 to 200. The logo below is at 128 X 128, but started considerably larger.

The hosting service I use once I've set the picture size is PhotoBucket. Good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                  Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                  LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

TOM,

My 63 Hawk GT was bought in March this year. It is very original and lived
                    for all its previous life in Oakland,CA.
                    Currently I have it stored at my son's home in Santa Ynez where the
                    interior and some wiring is being refurbished, Obviously not on a
                    Dodge frame although its stablemate is a 1950 Dodge Coronet Woodie
                    that we restored last year.

Dick Curtis

1950 Champion Starlight
                    1963 Hawk GT
                    Santa Barbara
                    CA
                    The 1950 Champion Starlight
                    Santa Barbara
                    CA

Comment

Oh ok ... there was a guy I met years ago, who had a GT Hawk on a
                      torsion bar Dodge frame, it didnt fit quite right, and he said the
                      reason his dad? did it was more knowledge about Mopar cars. It was
                      an odd "marriage".

Anyway .. maybe we will see it at In N Out burger off Turnpike one
                      of these days. I try to get the Avanti over there once a month now.
                      Was supposed to be swapping the Cobra brakes on this weekend, but I
                      ended up working on all our "drivers", '95 Camaro (168k), 95 Impala
                      (215k), and my 93 Camaro (224k), the last one so my brother who is
                      visiting from Michigan this week can borrow....

Try the Irfanview for pictures ... its so easy to use.

Tom

Comment

To everyone who gave tips, Thanks!

I'm playing around with it now and several methods work fine. I'll decide on a picture size and change my signature block soon.

Regards,

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/NewBitmapImage.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                        53 Starliner Hardtop
                        Newton Grove, NC

Comment

[img][/img]

I can't figure it out either something with forum code ? my wife has a picture code generator and this is the best I could do with a pic of my 48 Land Cruiser

Tom Banish
                          '48 LandCruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TOMB1
                            this is the best I could do
                            Tom,
                            Find your picture on your photo host
                            Right click on the picture
                            Select "properties"
                            Copy the "location" of the picture (it starts http:/...)
                            Go to the window used to post to this forum
                            click on the picture icon in the "Format" row
                            Paste your photo location BETWEEN the two "img" thingys.
                            Hit the "preview" button to make sure you did everything correctly.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                            X