Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve and Carol Hudson Score Big at GoodGuys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve and Carol Hudson Score Big at GoodGuys!

The GoodGuys NorthWest Nationals were held this weekend in Puyallup, WA. I could only make it down for the Sunday activities. I had just hooked up with the Hudson's and their beautiful Phantom 1953 Convertable, when a couple of GoodGuys officials notified Steve that he had to move his car...TO THE WINNER'S CIRCLE [:0] [8D]

Steve and Carol were awarded the "Dare to be Different" pick

A fitting award for this beautiful Studebaker

Believe me, the competition was tough for each of the awards. About 2,200 gorgeous cars were there.

Studes were well represented.

More coverage to come...

Every time I see one of these made into a beautiful convertible like Steve and Carol's I say to myself that ONE DAY I too will have one in my collection. That car is gorgeous!

Thomas

New Stude guy! Long time hot rodder
    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed with interesting plans

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Thomas63R2
      That car is gorgeous!
      It sure is [^]. I asked Steve if he had ever attended a car show and NOT brought home some hardware. He thought he remembered a time when that actually happened [:0].

BTW, this is no trailer queen. They drive the wheels off of this car. They have 20,000 miles on it in the few years that it has been completed. They plan to drive it to Sheridan for the zone meet and Omaha for the Nationals this year.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Another cool Stude-powered rod - that gets driven[:0] But it could be powered by a gerbil and it's looks would STILL make you drool!

Congrats to Steve & Carol! They're real ambassadors for the marque.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The epitome of kool.Thats one great driver and i got a new background.Fabulous just fabulous

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

But I've always wondered how the frame is stiffened when the top is hacked off. To do it right must be damn spendy, no?[?][?][?]

wagone and the R2 Avanti

Comment

Have you seen the article about making one of these - said article is in the August edition of Hemming's Classic Car. It's the issue with so many of the pages covering Studebakers. There's a great article about the creation of one and it even tells of some of the enhancments done to the frame.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A nicer couple you'll not meet!
                The only other '53 convertible I've seen is Jim Maloney's in Connecticut. As I recall, the Hudson's Stude uses a Valiant top, obviously modified.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Gerbil Power. Now there is an idea for an alternative fuel. Seriously though, That convertible is a really good-looking car! But, I figure that the best candidate for this conversion is a GT Hawk, with its flashier styling,bucket seat interior, stronger frame, etc. It is the car Stude should've built in the Golden Age Of Convertibles.

Comment

Now that this beautiful car has been out and about for so long, winning everything under the sun in the process~ Rod & Custom FINALLY decided now's a good time to feature the car. Look for a five page article in the October 2006 R&C...
                    Just got mine today, check it out when you can.

StudeDave [8D]
                    V/P San Diego County SDC
                    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
                    '57 Commander 2dr
                    '57 Champion 2dr
                    '58 Packard sedan
                    '65 Cruiser
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57
                      Rod & Custom FINALLY decided now's a good time to feature the car. Look for a five page article in the October 2006 R&C...
                      A great in-depth article with many pictures [^].

Let's see, This month Rod and Custom features a Studebaker, last month it was Hemmings Classic Car with much of the issue devoted to Studebakers, and the month before that, Hot Rod featuring a big spread on Ted Harbit and the fabulous Chicken Hawk. I think I'd better put a few more Studebakers into "inventory". They just might be catching on [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                      X