This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this guy thinking???

I almost choked on my drink when I saw the $4,000 opening bid on this non running, whiskey dinged '52 pickup.

I was tempted to try and bring him up to speed on truck values but figured I would let him find out on his own. If I recall, JDP didn't pay that much for the '54 he outbid me on that Ken Ketcher had in Little Rock.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
    1948 M-16 grain truck
    1949 2R16A grain truck
    1949 2R17A fire truck
    1955 E-38 grain truck
    1957 3E-40 flatbed
    1961 6E-28 grain truck
    1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
    1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
    1964 Cruiser
    And various other "treasures"
    Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Not only the Whiskey bumps but rust too. Just another pie in the sky dreamer. E-Bay loves these guys.

Comment

Whiskey dings or Whiskey dents

This is the 3rd place I have seen this reference this week.

WHAT IS IT? are you taling about door dings or hail damage or something? [?][?]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 55Commander

Whiskey dings or Whiskey dents

This is the 3rd place I have seen this reference this week.

WHAT IS IT? are you taling about door dings or hail damage or something? [?][?]
        It is a term that is used to signify a body that is badly dented, such as you would find a drunk driving after he had bounced off a few parked cars, sign posts, buildings, etc.

1946 M-16 fire truck
        1948 M-16 grain truck
        1949 2R16A grain truck
        1949 2R17A fire truck
        1955 E-38 grain truck
        1957 3E-40 flatbed
        1961 6E-28 grain truck
        1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
        1964 Cruiser

Comment

I would love to have one of these old trucks but there is no way I would pay that.

Randy

This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

I would love to have one of these old trucks but there is no way I would pay that.
            Randy,

As you can see I have a number of trucks. If you are interested in buying one, send me an e-mail off this site and tell me what you want and I will see if I can help.

Gary

1946 M-16 fire truck
            1948 M-16 grain truck
            1949 2R16A grain truck
            1949 2R17A fire truck
            1955 E-38 grain truck
            1957 3E-40 flatbed
            1961 6E-28 grain truck
            1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
            1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
            1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
            1964 Cruiser

Comment

Hey, I've got a good one! How about '39,'42,'41-46 Studebaker/Willys/Chevy(?) Coupe Express 4WD, for the bargin price of $8500. That's not eighty five dollars, it's eighty-five HUNDRED dollars.[:0] And you have the priviledge of replacing the glass and interior. Don't forget the pleasure of repairing the motor (so it will run) and refurbishing the 48 Willys running gear.

What a bargin?[}]

Seems to me that Whiskey is what would be needed to consider either of them. And lots of it!
              Lotsa Larks!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I had an uncle once who was the nicest sort,a hellav lot of fun to be around,loved to hunt,tell dirty jokes,and most of all,to drink. In fact he was more or less drunk everyday.He had a number of automotive catastrophys,such as backing his truck into a river,driving into his garage and through the back wall,hitting deer(not always his fault),but he never had a vheical that didn't look like it had been pounded with a hammer on every panel.He called them "whiskey bumps",which I thought was quite funny at the time.This was before the drinking driving issue was regarded as being as serious as it is now,especially in rural areas. Before uncle Don passed on due to his liver packing it in back in the early eightys,he'd never had a DUI,but the cops,who all new and liked him in his area,had often pulled him over and driven him home.

Comment

Working...
                X