This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling fan

Recently installed a air conditioning unit on my 55 Speedster, and am now having some overheating problems. this is probably caused by the Air units in front of the radiator restricting air flow. The engine currently has a stock 4 blade fan. Any suggestions on another engine fan that would move more air. I currently have a electic fan on the outside of the radiator. There is so much clearance between the radiator and the engine fan I am thinking of istalling another electric puller fan on the inside of the radiator. Any suggestions would be apppreciated.

A five or seven blade fan with a spacer that moves it closer to the radiator might help.

Arnold Md.
    Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
    64 Daytona Convert.
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 R1 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Avanti R2/4 speed
    62 Daytona HT
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Hawk
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Do you still have a fan shroud ? They make a big difference in cooling.
      Klif

55 Speedster
      42 Champ Coupe
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

The original schroud is installed. How far out can you move the fan it looks like it would be very limited because the radiator sits so low in relation to the engine. Would a spacer need to be made or would one be available. Thanks.

Comment

Do you still have o/heating with the electric fan operating?
          You may have to consider having your radiator cleaned/checked. A worn waterpump won't help, either.
          /H

Comment

Fan movement is vary limited or you will lose the beneit of the shroud. If you elect to install an electric fan make sure you use a shroud on it. Electric fans seem to be better pullers than pushers. Is you radiator and pump in good condition?
            Klif

55 Speedster
            42 Champ Coupe
            55 Speedster/Street Machine
            63 Avanti R2
            64 Convertible R1

Comment

I don't have AC, but was looking for a bit of cooling help on my 63 GT Hawk. Swapped the 4 blader for a 6 and the temps stays very stabile, especially when the outside temps hits 90 and above. Prior to the 6 blader this, it struggled when idling in traffic or slow stop and go traffic.

Comment

Have wired up the electric fan so that I can run it even if the air is not on. Seems to help. Where could I get a 6 blade fan for this model?

Comment

Working...
                X