This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original condition

I have a 1952 Studebaker Starlite coupe that has been modified over the years. I would like to return it to original condition but don't know how it appeared from the factory. Is there anyway I can find this information?

I would suggest joining the Studebaker Drivers Club as a start. Here's a pix

Arnold Md.
    Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
    64 Daytona Convert.
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 R1 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Avanti R2/4 speed
    62 Daytona HT
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Hawk
    JDP Maryland

Comment

How do you know if it's been modified if you don't know how it started?

Do you have specific things you think are wrong we can help investigate?

Comment

I did join the Studebaker drivers club and from them found my local chapter and joined them. They told me about a local Studebaker show which i also attended but didn't find my model year. The picture helps and confirms that my grill has been modified. Mine has seven smaller teeth in the grill on each side. Fortunately that seems to be the only body modification. Thanks for the help.
        quote:Originally posted by JDP

I would suggest joining the Studebaker Drivers Club as a start. Here's a pix

Arnold Md.
        Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
        Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
        64 Daytona Convert.
        64 R2 4 speed Challenger
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
        63 R1 GT Hawk
        63 Avanti R1/AC
        63 Avanti R2/4 speed
        62 Daytona HT
        62 Lark 2 door
        60 Hawk

Comment

I described my car to the local club and they though that it might have been modified. My grill has seven teeth on each side and this didn't match any grills i saw at the local show. I was sent a picture of a 52 starlite commander and i do have a modified grill. I'll start looking for the right parts now. Im told that there is a place to get a copy of your Studebakers origional build slip, i went to the Studebaker museum site but couldn't find any information there on how to order it. Do you know where this information can be obtained? Thanks again for your help.
          quote:Originally posted by 55Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bluestudebaker

I described my car to the local club and they though that it might have been modified. My grill has seven teeth on each side and this didn't match any grills i saw at the local show. I was sent a picture of a 52 starlite commander and i do have a modified grill. I'll start looking for the right parts now. Im told that there is a place to get a copy of your Studebakers origional build slip, i went to the Studebaker museum site but couldn't find any information there on how to order it. Do you know where this information can be obtained? Thanks again for your help.
            quote:Originally posted by 55Commander

Try this link it's the shop of the National Museum, you'll see on the RHS 3rd item down Production Orders 1936-1959 which covers your car, click on that item and go from there. http://www.studebakermuseum.org/featured.asp

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bluestudebaker

I have a 1952 Studebaker Starlite coupe that has been modified over the years. I would like to return it to original condition but don't know how it appeared from the factory. Is there anyway I can find this information?
              As well as bringing the car back to stock, you can do the same with the body style name <G>. It is a Starlight coupe. The model would be a Champion (six cylinder) or Commander (V8).

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY
              1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
              1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X