PDA

View Full Version : Help! broke wire at voltage regulator

Scott
07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I've been getting some erratic motions to the charge side on my ammeter (66 Cruiser, V8) lately and just popped the hood to look at the grungy old voltage regulator. I noticed there is a condenser-like thing attached to the regulator by a wire and mounted to the inner fender. The SAME terminal has a yellow wire going to it and when I wiggled the connection just a little, metal fatigue made the little clip break right off! I might be able to fix it, but, that yellow wire doesn't seem to show up on the 1964 wiring diagram. What's it for? I'm at work and will need to fix this so I can drive home. I assume I shouldn't drive the car with it disconnected.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow wire is for? It looks like is was connected to a male-male spade that somehow fits into the female connector on the regulator and bent so the condenser-thing can attach and the yellow wire at the same time.

I checked again and the yellow wire goes to the IGN end of the voltage regulator.

Scott
07-06-2006, 02:18 PM
I got a connector that worked, hooked it up and I think I fixed the erratic ammeter!:)