This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberglass fenders

Im looking for fiberglass front fenders for my 62 lark, and from searching I believe i need to get in contact with a Mr. Dan Webber? If so I do not have a directory, so any way to contact him would be appreciated. Thank you, JRK

I have a pair. Where are you located? Shipping could be pretty high.

Ted

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 62beater

Im looking for fiberglass front fenders for my 62 lark, and from searching I believe i need to get in contact with a Mr. Dan Webber? If so I do not have a directory, so any way to contact him would be appreciated. Thank you, JRK
      Dan's number is 301-774-9447. He sold his vast stock of Studebaker parts last year, but I think he's still doing the fenders.

Paul Johnson
      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
      Museum R-4 engine
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The two 1963 Wagons on Ebay right now have replacement front fenders on them.
        When they were installed the seams were sealed with tar.
        These are solid, non-rusted fenders.

Comment

How is the quality of the glass fenders? Are they pricy?

Comment

Bear in mind that fiberglass fenders are kinda a pain. Getting a good fit given the thicker material, running grounds for the lights, etc.

Expanding on what 37CoupE had to say, I'd recommend looking for NOS or really good used steel fenders. Once you get them, stand them up on their cowl ends, and use a screw driver/putty blade to spread or open up the doubled over rear seam a bit. On a hot day spray liberally into the gap with primer or some fancy rust proofer til it runs out the little openings. Finish up by using your fingers to fill that seam with all the asphalt roofing sealer you can get in. End with the tar feathered out flush on the inside of the fender. Once that all sets up prime and spray with color.

Did this along with other big rust work on my 64 Cruiser in the summer of 1981. 110,000 miles later the rest of the car is getting pretty rusty, but those NOS front fenders are still great.

Comment

Working...
            X