This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 Dictator

Did you try posting your question on the Antique Studebaker Club site?
    They are dedicated to the pre-WWII Studebaker.

Hope the info helps.
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Jacks 28
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

On a 28 Dictator you put the oil in at the base of the distributor/water pump. There is a small flap to move side ways and a port under it.
      The lever with the two holes on the bottom of the steering column is for the acelerator linkage. There should be one rod running to the accelerator pedal which is a round double or single button and one rod going to the carb. Originally there were three levers on the steering wheel. one was a hand throttle attached to the above described linkage. The other two were for lights and spark advance. These are all described in the owners manual.

28 dictator
      40 commander
      28 dictator
      40 commander

Comment

The only service manuals for this ear of studebakers is the 1927 Studebaker Standard Service Reference text. It is a many voolume set. The bulletins I think you have were just suppliments to the original set of books. The owners manual (which is available in reprint for the type III) is an excellent starting point for mechanics on the car. Much more details on engine rebuilding etc than you see in later years.

28 dictator
        40 commander
        28 dictator
        40 commander

Comment

Thanks Studeboy,
          I listed the same question 6/30, on the antique studebaker club site, I'm still waiting for a responce there. When I'm looking for information in a timly manor this site seams to be the best.

I'll invest in some more books and manuels. What I bought, is pretty much useless.

Comment

Working...
          X