This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Owners Registry

In my search to purchase a Gt Hawk over the last 6 months I have talked to a lot of people. It seems that many folks would be interested in knowing where they are, how many are left, how they are equipped, what condition they are in, etc.

Studebaker enthusiasts have gathered information in the form a Registry for the Skytops, the 56 Golden Hawks, the Conestogas and several others. It appears to me that a GT Hawk Registry would provide valuable information to all of those interested in this great automobile.

I read a note from one of our Forum members recently that commented on the fact that such a roster did not exist. His comments read "starting and keeping such a roster current would have to be a labor of love and almost certainly the personal crusade of a dedicated person with the time to spare.

Well, I am retired now and I have the time and the interest to undertake this project and to create a data base of information that would hopefully be of interest and benefit to all.

Additional inspiration for me is I have finally found the GT Hawk I have been searching for..a 1964 R-1, confirmed by Ron Ellerbe. It arrived in my garage last Monday night with restoration to go, but running and 75% overall completed.

I will be putting together a Registry form that can be filled out, saved as a document and then sent back to me. Data would include: Year, Ser. No.,Body tag, engine type & size, engine no.,transmission, interior/exterior color, Major options, etc.

Your comments as to format, information to be recorded, etc. will be very helpful as I want this to be of maximum benefit to all us GT Hawk junkies!!

The Registry will be e-mailed to all who participate and I expect to set up a web site in the future.

My e-mail is www.studee64@cogeco.ca or standard mail to:

Barry Leppan
    4-1185 Stephenson Drive
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    L7S 2M3

Thanks

Barry
    Hamilton Chapter SDC

Good idea, but too many cars to track I fear. I've sold maybe two dozen in the last five years, and must be several 1000 left. I know I've sold over 100 sets of GT seat covers for them because my supplier asked me how many damn GT Hawks are out there.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
    64 Daytona Convert.
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 R1 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Avanti R2/4 speed
    62 Daytona HT
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Hawk
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Count me in-what's a thousand cars more or less to find and register.
      Be glad to help.

Dick Curtis
      63 Hawk GT
      Santa Barbara, Ca 93103
      The 1950 Champion Starlight
      Santa Barbara
      CA

Comment

Good luck with the project, a very worthwhile effort.
        Even if you "only" get 1/2 of the cars ID'd, you'll have done the club a valuable service.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

You may want to see if you can get something in Turning Wheels, perhaps a letter to the editor would be the best. I know that I see a regular classified ad in TW about the '56 GH registry.

Frank Drumheller over on the Studebaker Truck Talk page has also compiled registers of Scotsman trucks, 1945 C-9 cab M-15 trucks and Studebaker 4 wheel drive trucks.

Good luck and I will send you the information on mine next time I take the cover off of it.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
          1948 M-16 grain truck
          1949 2R16A grain truck
          1949 2R17A fire truck
          1955 E-38 grain truck
          1957 3E-40 flatbed
          1961 6E-28 grain truck
          1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
          1962 Champ pickup
          1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
          1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
          1964 Cruiser
          And various other "treasures"

Comment

Thanks for your comments and support...

Only a 1000 or more ???.....lets find them !

Barry
            Barry Leppan
            Ontario, Canada
            64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
            GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

You may want to check with Gary Ash to see if he can cull the information from the SDC Roster. I think that he did something to this effect to see how many trucks were owned by club members. Of course, he only got numbers and not owners.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
              1948 M-16 grain truck
              1949 2R16A grain truck
              1949 2R17A fire truck
              1955 E-38 grain truck
              1957 3E-40 flatbed
              1961 6E-28 grain truck
              1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
              1962 Champ pickup
              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
              1964 Avanti R2 4 speed