Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what I found while polishing the Avanti diff.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I found while polishing the Avanti diff.

I have been polishing the rear cover of the Dana 44 independent differential going in the Avanti chassis.

Well, as a youth I had heard stories of old files, bolts, and other items showing up in steel, where they had recycled metal.

Well I have been polishing this aluminum differential cover for some time, and I could detect something just below the surface.

After polishing several hours more, this is what came to the surface.

I don't know if the Viper rear differential cover was made from recycled beer cans from Indiana or what?

It does explain why this differential is so strong.

Where did you get that Stude label? I am interested in a couple.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

It was used on 56-57 cars, maybe more. (on the seat frame cover) Maybe Studebaker International had them repro'ed.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
      Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
      64 R2 4 speed Challenger
      63 R2 4 speed GT Black
      63 R2 4 speed GT White
      63 GT Hawk
      63 Avanti
      62 Daytona HT
      53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

Love that label... there's one on the pass. side of the seat on my 57 wag...

And no, I don't want to sell it!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by grobb284

I have been polishing the rear cover of the Dana 44 independent differential going in the Avanti chassis..... and I could detect something just below the surface.
          Cute one.

Tom
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I have a belly button motor with the same logo on it...

Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by grobb284

I have been polishing the rear cover of the Dana 44 independent differential going in the Avanti chassis.
            Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
            X