This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel gage resistance range for c-cab

My dad has a 1952 c-cab that we are going to install aftermarket gages. Do any of you know the resistance range for the stock Studebaker fuel sender? I've found that early GM senders are 0-30 ohms and Fords senders use 75-10 ohms. I hope that Studebaker used one of these or I may have to change the sender. We are also using 12 volts, but the stock gage seems to work fine now. We are changing the gages because we have installed a T5 transmission that is made for an electronic speedometer and it will be easy to correctly calibrate the speedometer. That 259 just purrs along with the T5's overdrive!

Thanks,
    Dwayne

I am cleaning up my tank and removed the sender last night. It is a 47 M5 so im not certain that the resisance range will be the same. I will measure tonight and reply with values.

Comment

I've got just the thread for you to read, as I changed out my sending unit and gauge for my truck, which was also a 6v converted to 12v.

Also, my last post in that thread will give you a link to a reasonably priced Stewart Warner sending unit (which you should change out because the resistance ranges are entirely different and even reversed for the 6v and 12v models) that you can use with available gauges in that resistance range:

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon
      Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Working...
      X