This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark convert

Well,heres an early Lark rag-top thats at least in the middel of the continent,probaly can be bought quite cheap,but its pretty scary looking,don't you guys think?
    And then theres that part about it rolling off a mountain to go with all the rest,er,I mean rust.

Lucky for me (and my garage!!) that's just a little too far away from me.................

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Comment

Repeating to myself,over and over: NO MORE PROJECTS TILL THE HAWK IS DONE....

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      60Lark
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Hello Transtar 56.This is 2nd time for this stude I bid on it 1st time around.It got up to$1,386.00,then vanished off e-bay.I assumed it sold locally.I see he wants 10%down in the description and then $220 deposit by paypal so according to my math skills he want $2200 for it.

Comment

I especially like the bucket seats. I'd especially like to throw them in a dumpster. jimmijim8
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Robert,
            As a lot of guys always like to say,, "I've seen it done starting with a whole lot less". Mabe so, but you'll find the older you get, you want to start with a whole lot more FOR a whole lot less. IMHO, because of the high cost of labor and parts, unless you're a glutton for punishment, find one in better shape for more money. You're gona' spend it one way or another, life's to short, too much work...not enough time or energy.
            Dan

Comment

I totally agree Dan.

Comment

Hey, Dan, my mind says you're right; and that's what I'll do; but still, if it was within a couple hundred miles or so- and cheap enough- I'd have a problem...[xx(]

If I follow the adage of "Buy the best one you can afford" I can get a pretty nice one... but still, I'm experienced in all phases of restoration; and after all, they ain't makin' them any more.........

Comment

But ya gotta admit bams them 60 conv are so da*n cute it s so tempting to wanna have one. I saw a yellow one Saturday and ask the guy how much?He looked at his wife n smiled and told me I cant sell it my wife thinks more of it than she does me. I will try to get a pic of it up soon.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

But ya gotta admit bams them 60 conv are so da*n cute it s so tempting to wanna have one.
                    ARE YOU TRYING TO PEER-PRESSURE ME?!?
                    DON'T PUSH ME......................................

I saw a really nice one at Spring Carlisle and fell in love; good thing the seller wasn't immediately available......[}]

Comment

Working...
                    X