This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat screws?

I just recieved some chrome seat hinge covers for my Hawk bucket seats. My frames were blasted and epoxy primered before they were recovered [kind of filled in the threads in the tapped holes] . I have no screws to hold them to the seat frames. So I don't retap them the incorrect size, What is the correct size for these screws? Thanks for the information,

Darryl C. Lewallen

Book calls for 10-32X3/4" Darryl

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR.BIGGS

Darryl C. Lewallen
      Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.

Comment

Go to your local hardware store and buy the stainless ones. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Make sure they're tapered seat and phillips headDan

Comment

I just replaced the plastic/fiberglass ones in my ragtop (benchseat) with the chromed metal ones. I had to put about 1/4 to 3/8 inch of washers between the covers and the mounting frame to keep the seatback from binding when tilted forward for rear seat access. Kind of surprised me, but it seems to work okay.

Jim's pride....
            1963 Daytona Convertible

Comment

I just returned from my local ACE Hardware with the stainless steel phillips head screws. Forgot the tap. I'll have to make another trip tommorrow. Thanks all,

Darryl C. Lewallen
              Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.

Comment

Working...
              X