This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Crusin

I was returning from my uncles funeral to day and met a group of studebakers in the south bound lane so i turned around and followed them to Car the Tupelo Car Museum .There were a Street rod cruisin going on and the Studes were from Memphis Studebaker Club with some stragglers they picked up along the way .Was a super bunch of cars
    60 lark conv,62 lark conv, 63 wagonaire ,50 /53 pickup 289 nice
    36 4 dr sedan,63 gthawk,55 comander c body 350 /350 ,60 2dr lark,57 president i think ,54 coupe (dont faint Stude Bob)94 jeep drive train.the guy bought a wrecked jeep off a train wreck, the drive train had 3.2miles when he put it in the stude. a 55 president that was out of Louisiana named Fred something the car was dark blue /white top prettiest one i ever saw. Just
    wish i had a camera.I know this is not exciting to a lot of you guys but rare here in north Ms.Was a great Stude day for me.
    Forgot to mention my buddys 33 rockne was there, he told me later since it was 75 anniversary of knute rocknes death they took some pictures of him n his car and they was going to do an article for TW. He was tickled about his car might make TW

Man, I've said it before and I'll say it again - there's NOTHING more inspirational that being on the road with some other Studebakers. As pretty as they are at a standstill (or with their hoods open at some meet[xx(]), they're many more times beautiful as they roll along with the sun and shadows playing off their brightwork and wheelcovers![][:0][][:0][][:0][][:0][][:0][][][]

I wish I had been there with you!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Bob i wish you could have been here too.I would love to meet all you guys on here.Your all like an ole friend or family. And the sun was really shinin here today ,it was 98 in the shade n prob 130 on the asphalt in the sun, but it was worth every min i stood n looked at those beauties, i was there almost 2 hrs and couldnt tell you about the 40 0r 50 street rods that was there

Comment

I sure agree with Biggs on that,to see a Stude in motion is the only way it can be fully appreciated,and to hear the V-8 rumble through the dual exhaust,well,you just have to be there.

Comment

Yup, it's certainly a point of pride to know that you're riding in a piece of glamourous automotive history, but being able to witness several other South Bend beauties as they rumble and shine - WOW! THAT'S memorable!

I wish I could share the video clips I took on the hiways in recent years. Even tho it's amature-ish (Hey - try holdin' the video-cam still and focused while your riding in a C-cab and driving and filming at the same time!), you get a feel for what Transtar and me are talkin' about![]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I know what you mean StudeBob.The black transtar that was with the group n had a 289in it a edelbrock 4 bbl and duals Man that was Sweeeet.

Comment

Working...
            X