X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed (?) hog troughs

Avanti listed on E bay:
    NEVER heard of hog troughs being removed? Anybody else??

Due to the trouble that the hog troughs notoriously cause - with rusting - the hog troughs have been removed. The owner of the vehicle had an aeronautical engineer refasten the body to the frame. This was done in an effort to preserve the vehicle and eliminate any future troubles or deterioration.

I spent 15 minutes trying to find the Avanti you are talking about and gave up, but I can translate:
    The hog troghs rusted away and I had someone jury rig some mounts to keep the body from falling off the frame.

The hog troughs do more than mount the body, it keeps the doors from sagging, and the body cracking. BTW check out the frame rust on this baby:

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Black
    63 R2 4 speed GT White
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti
    62 Daytona HT
    53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'd like to see it and I don't think I would have done it quite any way but as original. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

sorry....here's the link on E Bay

very suspicious, I LIKE your translation JP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP
          BTW check out the frame rust on this baby:
          Looks better then my frame .... hmmmm. Guess I have a bad frame?

Tom
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
          X