Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to that Canadian Cam Project?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened to that Canadian Cam Project?

Anyone know what happened to the Studebaker performance cam project that was to take place at Colt Cams in Canada some months back. I have not heard if it happened or died and have not heard about any of the other projects the guy that posted them talked about.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT

It was thoroughly discussed on the Racing Studebaker forum over at

Let's just say the project was stillborn....

quote:Originally posted by Dan White

Anyone know what happened to the Studebaker performance cam project that was to take place at Colt Cams in Canada some months back. I have not heard if it happened or died and have not heard about any of the other projects the guy that posted them talked about.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Well, earlier this year, I was informed that there is someone working on new camshafts for Studebaker V8's, and have been waiting for it to become available sometime this year. Could they have been referring to the Colt venture, or is there another one forthcoming? Should I stop waiting and buy a regrind, then? Just looking for something that will give me a modest increase in power on my rebuilt 289 engine. The Packebaker really needs it, in order to pull all of that chrome around with ease.

Comment

Well Tom O. tried to get some interest in the cam project and I made drawings for the cam core casting. However there weren't enough people willing to sign-up even though I would have taken several cams and at least 10 additional cores.

David L
        David L

Comment

Working...
        X