This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Lunch

Today I was coming back from picking up my healthy lunch of a cheeseburger from a hotdog cart in downtown Winnipeg and when I was crossing the street on my way back to work I looked up at the cars stopped at the red light and I saw something familer that made me do a double take. An early model Aqua colored Avanti. Seeing those cars in Winnipeg is quite rare especially on a Wednesday afternoon. I waved at the driver and he waved back and we had a momentary studebaker owner stare/nod.. (at least thats how i felt)

It was a cool feeling and my heart kind of stopped when I saw it. Couldn't beleive my eyes...

Though I'd share this experince with everyone. Kind of corney hey?

Not at all.Anytime I spot ANY Stude on the road around here I do a double take,its usually someone I know,or know of. But last year GF and I pulled into Peggys Cove on the bike one day,and as I cruised the always busy parking lot looking for a safe spot to leave my ride,I spotted a bulletnose! I knew instantly it was not from around here as it was a customized job,and I think it sported NY plates. While Diane and I looked it over the owner and his wife came out of the resturant and we had a good Stude chat. They were on vacation and apparentley drove the car on many long trips,it was powered by a Chev 350 and had modern pieces but still looked cool sitting among all the jelly beans and mini-vans.

Comment

Not corny at all! Man, I LOVE little surprizes like that that pop up when you least expect them. Sadly, I can't remember the last time I saw a Stude (besides mine) in traffic.[V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by smaclean

I waved at the driver and he waved back and we had a momentary studebaker owner stare/nod.. (at least thats how i felt)
        Since Winnipeg isn't San Francisco he probably took it that way.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
        X