X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Hi,

I have fell in Love witht the coupes over the past few years and lucked up on a car I had no idea what it was, much less what it would be worth. Since that time I have discovered that I have a 1954 Regal Starlight Coupe, Commander series. I have started the restoration and berfore I turned the first bolt I knew that I wanted it to be all original once I finished with it. The journey has been long and difficult, trying not to let the all mighty dollar make my decisions for me I have stayed the course. Once complete in 3-4 more months (because of the all might dollar) I will have a complete orignal equipped 1954 coupe. I have cut no corners in the restoration. I am restoring the car because of the uniqeness of the Lowey Coupe and not the restored value. But just as a matter of satisfaction I have a couple of request. What is the rareity of the car? How many are out there? and what might be the market value for such a nice automobile? Lastley because of the trouble I am having finding a certain trim piece I would love it if someone can help me locate a trim piece for the 5-h model. At the rear seat area where the arm rest are in the regal starlight the trim turns up vertical on both sides instead of a straight line to the back. These are the only two pieces remaining I need to aquire to make the car complete. Thanks for all your help.

quote:Originally posted by studehunter

Hi,

I have fell in Love witht the coupes over the past few years and lucked up on a car I had no idea what it was, much less what it would be worth. Since that time I have discovered that I have a 1954 Regal Starlight Coupe, Commander series. I have started the restoration and berfore I turned the first bolt I knew that I wanted it to be all original once I finished with it. The journey has been long and difficult, trying not to let the all mighty dollar make my decisions for me I have stayed the course. Once complete in 3-4 more months (because of the all might dollar) I will have a complete orignal equipped 1954 coupe. I have cut no corners in the restoration. I am restoring the car because of the uniqeness of the Lowey Coupe and not the restored value. But just as a matter of satisfaction I have a couple of request. What is the rareity of the car? How many are out there? and what might be the market value for such a nice automobile? Lastley because of the trouble I am having finding a certain trim piece I would love it if someone can help me locate a trim piece for the 5-h model. At the rear seat area where the arm rest are in the regal starlight the trim turns up vertical on both sides instead of a straight line to the back. These are the only two pieces remaining I need to aquire to make the car complete. Thanks for all your help.
    There were 18,186 1954 Starlight Coupes made (C body). 3,151 of these were Commander Regal models. How many are left is anybody's guess. Id say somewhere between 15% and 25% of total production.

The Old Cars Price Guide lists a #3 condition one at $10,580 and a #2 condition one at $16,450.

NADA Price Guide lists "Average Retail" at $10,600, and "High Retail" one at $15,000.

I've seen super nice show cars sell for more.

5H means it is a '54 Commander (any body style, any trim level). What you are looking for is trim for a C5 (Starlight Coupe, Regal Trim level). See this thread for more info on the type of trim you are looking for... http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...?TOPIC_ID=3832

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
    X