This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Line Carbs?

Was at the first car show of the season around here Sunday,lots of vendors,lots of nice cars but only two Studes and no Packards. I didn't get the Hawk there as I had to work OT late Sat night and didn't have time to get up to Dads to get her.
    As I was poking through the parts on a vendors table I found a brand new 4-barrel carb that had very small looking holes, it was called an Auto-Line, at least thats the only imfo I could see on it. I was thinking of my Jeff Rice manifold and asked the Lady if it might be a 500 CFM. "No,she replied,"I think thats a carburator". I guess by the expression on my face she decided to call her hubby on her cell,but he didn't know either,but they only wanted 40 bucks for it,I probaly should have took a chance.
    Any of you ever heard of an"Auto-Line"? My newly re-built (by T-Bow) Stomberg WW is already starting to act farty, so Ive about had it with those things,plus I want to try Jeffs manifold and a four barrel on my 259.
    I noticed E-Bay has kinda ruined finding any bargains at car show swap meets,everybody knows what they "go for on E-Bay" and wants top dollar. I picked up a set of beautiful NOS tailights that had a tag on them saying "39 Studebaker Champion". I thought,ah,looks like an E-Bayable item,"what do you want for these?"
    "200 bucks"
    Yikes,damn things burned my hands.

I'm guessing it is from Autoline Products, Ltd., a rebuilder in Winnepeg.

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

You know, a friend of mine in Riverside Ca. has a twenties model Buick. It's beautiful. The car has a Miracle carbeurator on it. He says it's called that because it's a Miracle if it stays in adjustment. Reminds me of my own rebuilt strombergs.[}] I call them Strong Leaks!

Lotsa Larks!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Your right Ron,even one rebuilt by the pros seems to only run a short time before something needs tuning.I sold the last of my cores and when this one on my Hawk gets to fussy,it will be replaced by an Edelbrock 1403. The only thing that bothers me is losing the stock air cleaner.

Comment

You can buy new Stromberg 97's now from an outfit in the UK

Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I think there is an adapter ring that will let you use the stock air cleaner with the Edlebrock.

Comment

Really Casey?
              Where might one procur such a thing?

Comment

Working...
              X