This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOM Plates

Where can I get Year of manufacture plates in Ca.?

Search "California license plates" on Ebay and a bunch of different ones will show up. Also, try a Google search for that or "vintage license plates". Good luck.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John Ratliff

Where can I get Year of manufacture plates in Ca.?
      There will be at least a couple big license plate vendors at most major swap meets there. The next I know of would be the GoodGuys event in Pleasanton on the 3rd and 4th of June, but there are probably several others in the Bay Area between now and then.

For your '56, it would be a yellow plate with black letters, like this one...

Be sure the seller guarantees that they are "clear". That is, that they are out of the DMV system.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I was lucky, the correct "long" black with yellow plates came with my Conestoga.

But as Dick says, I've bought three sets of my YOM plates from the guys that go to the swap meets.

Get business cards, phone numbers, etc., for later contact if the plates come back unusable. Make sure you get that guaranty from the seller.

Mike

Comment

Having done this , a key would be to make sure they are "clear plates". This would be a problem for swap meets. I also have a set of 48's on my Land Cruiser but AAA told me that they can onley be transfered twice , strangely enough, w no other explanation. Got the plates cleared , though at one point I was also told they had to be done direct through DMV, ( didn't happen). I guess the message is beware of "civil servants/ DMV services.

Comment

Plates can also be bought online from different license plate collectors. Start at the ALPCA website (American License Plate Collectors Association). Also a quick internet seach on license plates in general will generate a few that sell plates.

Keep this in mind. Some states are picky about plates being restored. Make sure that the plates you get a 'readable', as I believe CAlifornia is one of these states (initially). After you get the car registered with your plates, then send them out if you so desire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
            Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
            LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
            X