This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• split window coupe

Ok ,I want your opinion on a custom stude thats been rattlin in the back of my head. Imagine a 53 orlater c or k body with a rear roofline like a vette spilt window.I wish
    i was an artist so i could draw a picture to post here.Any one else had a design like this they want to share?

Funny you should mention split window Vettes,I was just researching what they have been selling for on E-Bay.(around 40-50k for a nice,but non-numbers matching,couldn't find a numbers matching one that sold recently) What got me thinking about them was the Thrusday edition of the paper has a section called "wheels",and they do an article on a old car.This week was the 63 split window Vette.Definitly my favorite of all Corvetts.Im drawn to them at car shows unlike most GM makes of any era.
    How it would look grafted on to a Lowey coupe takes more imagination than I can come up with,mabey some artist in the group could draw us one.

Comment

I was looking at this '54 Starliner I've got here. I wondered what it might look like with faux rear window trim to where it would resemble the 3-piece rear window of the '52 hardtops.
      It would be relatively easy to fake such a treatment using some cut down stainless trim, siliconed in place. What say???[:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wait , who has kidnapped Mr. biggs? Thinking of modifying a STUDE?LOL!!!!! Sorry Biggs had to do it.Forgive me.But that sounds doable ,wheres Chip Foose when we need an artists rendition of our ideas? Send pics when ya get-r-done .

Comment

Oh , by the way is the 54 for sale?

Comment

The intent of the 54 is to end up in someone else's hands, yes. Ebay's it's primary goal, but I'd listen to offers. I DO have a threshold figure in mind.

BTW, s'OK you teasin' about my being abducted.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

Ok ,I want your opinion on a custom stude thats been rattlin in the back of my head. Imagine a 53 orlater c or k body with a rear roofline like a vette spilt window.I wish
              i was an artist so i could draw a picture to post here.Any one else had a design like this they want to share?
              I can tie that split window Corvette in with Studebaker. A good friend of mine ordered a new Avanti for 1963 (R2, 4-speed, IIRC). After waiting a long time for it to be built, he gave up and went out and bought a new 1963 Corvette split window coupe. He owned many Studebakers after that, but no other Corvettes that I can remember. I also have owned more than 50 Studebakers, but only one Corvette - a red '68 convertible with 350 HP/327 cubic inch and 4-speed. My sister ended up with a new 1963 Thunderbird coupe instead of an Avanti.

Gary L.
              1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
              1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Biggs: I think the 52 HT window treatment would look great. But maybe that's because I have a 52 HT, and making a deal for another one.(not much to it, except a good body on a good frame, which my current one doesn't have either of). This one combined with the one I have would make a nice no-frills go-fast 50's style rat rod. Keep it in gray primer and trimmed out in red. You know the drill. Maybe a R1 with a 4 speed or Powershift.[] Best thing is, it's owned by Stephen Allen's auto, and he wants next to nuthin for it. He bought it for the NOS 51 fenders. I get the rest, cheap. [] You can't just have one Stude, or, three. And to think that I'm only 16. Man, I've got this disease bad...

GO FOR IT STUDEBOB!!!

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
                South Georgia Chapter
                63 Daytona HT (project)
                51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
                52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

Indeed, you DO have it bad, Matthew![] But that's a good thing. On the shoulders of young-un's like you, rests the hope of keeping the Studebaker name alive for eons to come. I know you'll do us geezers proud too!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Hey Transtar56, We just sold two 67 split window big-block/4 speed Corvettes for about 60k each. One grey, one red. Had they been Avanti's, the price would have been less than half that. What a shame.......

Brian

Brian K. Curtis

Comment

quote:Originally posted by chocolate turkey

Hey Transtar56, We just sold two 67 split window big-block/4 speed Corvettes for about 60k each. One grey, one red. Had they been Avanti's, the price would have been less than half that. What a shame.......

Brian

Brian K. Curtis
                      I hope that this was a typo on your part, Brian, since split windows were only made in the 1963 model year.

Gary L.
                      1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                      1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X