This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report

Got in last night at about 11:00 P.M., 1,908 miles and the little Lark never missed a lick! We drove back across Pa. to Hershey, down to Virginia and hit Skyline Drive, onto the BlueRidge Parkway, across the Great Smokey Mountains, caught highway 64 across Tenn., and Ark., then Interstate 40 on home. The little Lark drove and rode great, we drove 756 miles the last day. It's going to take quite a bit of work ( mostly the engine compartment, and underneath) to make it more presentable. The only problem we had was the oil pressure light started coming on, but it ended up only being the sending unit. It used about three quarts of oil, but only 1/2 quart the last 500 miles. Since it had been sitting in a barn for the last 30 years or so I guess that's not too bad. Anyway it was a great trip, and we had a blast. Later OkieBob

I LOVE MY STUDEBAKERS

Amazing!
    750+ miles in a brand new smooth ride is still a lot of miles for one day!
    Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

That's great! I know the Kaiser engines will reseat the rings after not being driven for long periods of time. Drive lower speeds ,then after an hour or so open it up to near Interestate speeds for an hour. The rings are seated for the next season. I bet the Studebaker rings started to reseat, as you were headed home on the last 1/4 of the run. Drive over to Seminole and show it off!

Comment

Welcome back to God's country, Bob!

Glad you had a great, trouble free trip!

Can't wait to see your new Stude!

sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

.Great trip! Did you see any deer on the skyline drive?

Comment

I bet he saw a deer car! Have a great day.

Comment

Didn't see deer on the Skyline, but we did on the BlueRidge, plus a fox, and a raccoon! Later OkieBob

I LOVE MY STUDEBAKERS

Comment

Working...
              X