This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 GT Hawk Trunk Sill

I have a63 GT Hawk And I need to replace the trunk rubber sill. I noticed a difference in price from Studebaker International and other vendors, Studebaker International ia about $20 higher. Is there any difference in their sills.
    Wayne

63gthawk

I've not heard of any BAD ones out there.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Do you thank it is worth $20 more from Studebaker International.
      They said it had the split corners like the orginal one that came on the car.
      So any trunk sill from any of the Studebaker vendors will work fine.
      Wayne

63gthawk

Comment

Now, I believe that I understand that you are referring to the rubber seal or gasket that seals the body channel to the trunk lid. Original seals have a square corner to them. Most all of the reproduction seals over the years have just wrapped the extruded rubber around the corners. These don't look as nice and are not correct. It is up to you to decide if it is worth $20 to you to have a nicer fitting and looking seal that is correct or if you are willing to settle for something that is just functional.

Gary L.
        1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
        1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I just talked to a bodyman who installed both a 'correct' seal, and a 'generic' type seal in two different C/K's.
          He told me that the generic one seemed to fit better and the trunk lid closed better.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
          X