Paint chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint chips

New Studebaker owner seeks valid paint chips for 1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire - borrow or buy. Also, I understand that there was a past issue of Turning Wheels that featured the Wagonaire any ideas where I might obtain the article or a copy thereof?

Thanks much

WH

Hi welcome to the Studebaker Driver's Club Forum. We would love to have you join us by joining SDC. At the top of the Forum page there is a "STICKY" that explains how to join & even get a DISCOUNT on the first year!

By using our WONDERFUL "search" function at the top right of this page,(when you been here a while you'll learn.) I was able to find a post on Color Clips that mentioned this site: [^][^]

We are the #1 LARGEST Automotive Paint color reference library in the WORLD! Modern Cars, Classic Cars, WWII, WWI. Where yesterday's colors come alive today. Enter the Vehicle Make and Year to view purchase options. Online ordering is safe and secure. We ship promptly from our warehouse and pass the savings to you.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!! I already am a member of SDC and I do get the wonderful Turning Wheels when the post office is through reading and doing whatever else it is they do with it.

Apparently my search skills are not as honed as yours, thank you kind sir

W H

Comment

For past TW articles on the '63, try Oct 83, Feb 82, Feb 86 and Dec '98 through Mar '99

Index here...

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Check the TW index shown on the main page of this site. You can find the listed articles for '63 cars and the Wagonaire articles. Then you can order a back issue through another link on the same home page.

Paint chips are nearly useless if you are trying to buy paint for a car. By now, they are too old and faded to represent the true colors and they are too small to get scanned at the paint supplier. However, if you go to www.autocolorlibrary.com and search on Studebaker 1963 you can see some color chips. More importantly, you can get the paint codes, like P6315 for Champagne Gold. Then you can call DuPont at 1-800-3DUPONT (1-800-383-7668), give them the code, and they will give you the new code for the best match in current-technology DuPont paint, either Centari acrylic enamel or a two-stage basecoat/clearcoat formula.

If you are really lucky - and very flexible - you can lie on your back on the floor of your car with a flashlight, stare up at the bottom of the glove box, and see the paint code sticker that was put there in 1963. Of course, 1963 glue was lousy and most of the stickers are gone. The Studebaker National Museum shop at www.studebakermuseum.org (Shop/Collectibles/Production Order)can supply a build record of your car for $25 which shows the original paint code if you supply the serial number from the doorpost of your car.

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

GARY

What an awesome resourch you are!! I am new at this and the help everyone is willing to offer is just outstanding.

Thanks again!!

W H

Comment

Working...
            X