This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint

My car is shenandoah lt green. I'd like to get some touch up paint, if possible. I have conatced dupont on matching but they came up short w rio green being closest, which translated into a 60's Opel color. Are there any other avenues for getting the correct color or something similar until I am ready to paint the whole car?[8D]

Just a good man (or woman) at your local auto paint store. Give them a door or the trunk lid - it'll take them a week or so to match it.

Comment

Sounds good to me

Comment

I use a gas door, they scan it, mix the paint, and I leave with it in a hour.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
        64 Daytona HT
        64 R2 4 speed Challenger
        63 R2 4 speed GT Black
        63 R2 4 speed GT White
        63 GT Hawk
        63 Avanti
        62 Daytona HT
        53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

If the car runs and drives,take the whole car and let them scan a few spots near the repair. [If you need to match a door,for example,you don't want to scan the hood-color of top panels can vary from the color on the sides],color from side to side could vary also.

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          60Lark
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Excellent. I was going to take one of the panels below the bumpers. Thanks for the sage advice

Comment

Scan a part that has had minimal exposure to sunlight over the years, for the best match.

Comment

If you only need a small amount of paint, try a local car dealership. Most will have contact with someone who does touch-up for them. I met my local Buick dealer's man in thier parking lot. Guy mixed a perfect match out of the back of his van all by eye. Put it in a touch-up bottle with a brush in the top like old times. Billed the cost to the dealership. Course it helped that the owner of the dealership is a car nut friend.

Bob

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.
                Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X