54 4-door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54 4-door

I may be given a 4-door studey, don't yet know which model ,6,or8cyl.and whether it has a stick or auto...MY PROBLEM IS ,will any part of it interchange with my 55champion6/auto/C-body..I NEED A WINDSHIELD and a rt frt fender badly enoff to hope they might work. The engine in the 54 was supposedly rebuilt B4 being put in the BARN ," 'cause it has a broken driver's window ,it's a drag in the rain". I haven't had a chance to go up north to see it yet. Any input will only make me want to restore both

Stan, the short answer is: NO!

AFAIK, the only body parts in common between C/K bodies and the 2 and 4 door sedans (F and W bodies) are bumper bars and maybe the small rear valance panel, and I'm NOT sure even about them. The windshield and front fenders definitely WON'T fit.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Hey Stan, you don't want that car. Besides, space is at a premium there in San Fran. Throw it in my yard!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      Lotsa Larks!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

If I knew where the heck Lewiston was ,I would consider it ...Even if i can never find lewiston,some one in the SDC is gonna for sure get it.You mean not even the engine would do me any good?

Comment

Stan, mechanics is something different. Yes, engine. brakes, suspension, other stuff - all would swap to your 55. Just VERY little from the body.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you MR.Biggs, I'll get back to you when I find out what kind of "GEM" it is .And that offer stands to any SDC'ers out there.These things deserve to be kept runnin' and with the scarcity of parts we got to try to stick together ..

Comment

While it may not be correct, I have the carb and aircleaner off my '52 on the 259('64) in my '62 Champ pickup. Best running 2bbl on the property! Well, maybe not.[)] Bess' works pretty durn good too!

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
              X