This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks, 1960 Hawk

Somewhere in one of the past Posts on this forum I read about buying Shock Absorbers from a well known modern day Auto Parts Store. I looking for shocks for my 1960 Hawk. Can anyone recall? or know what parts store that might have been?

Thank you.

Not sure what part of the country you are in, but in the midwest, Gabriels at Auto Zone are the ticket. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have the Gabriel numbers on my web site; AutoZone does not have their electronic catalog quite complete, but there really are only three different part nos. for the rear shocks and two for the front, 55-66. If your car isn't listed have the numbers ready, or ask for shocks for a similar year Stude, any model. Only way you'd run into trouble is if you have different spring plates or lower control arms than your car originally came with.

good luck,

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      62 Daytona hardtop
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Yes, I am in the midwest (Chicago) and I did locate the part numbers on the Web Site.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
        X